Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nofear23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I have a powerbook g4 and 10.5.2 leopard OS.

I just bought 2 logitech pro 9000 webcams for me and my gf. I have a mac and she has a PC. The webcam has a built in microphone and my gf is able to hear me talking through the mic of my webcam. But, when she tries to talk to me, I get nothing. Nothing comes out of my internal speakers or external speakers. I went through every settings menu from skype to user preferences to try to change something and nothing works.

any advice?

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I have a powerbook g4 and 10.5.2 leopard OS.

I just bought 2 logitech pro 9000 webcams for me and my gf. I have a mac and she has a PC. The webcam has a built in microphone and my gf is able to hear me talking through the mic of my webcam. But, when she tries to talk to me, I get nothing. Nothing comes out of my internal speakers or external speakers. I went through every settings menu from skype to user preferences to try to change something and nothing works.

any advice?

Go to System Prefs -> Sound. Click the "Input" tab. Select your webcam.
Close the window. That's it.

nofear23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
yes, she has installed the drivers and everything for the webcam.

as for me, I have the input selecting logitech webcam. I still get no incoming sound from her when she talks into the mic. however, i can hear the ringing noise when i call her or she calls me...but nothing from her mic.

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
yes, she has installed the drivers and everything for the webcam.

as for me, I have the input selecting logitech webcam. I still get no incoming sound from her when she talks into the mic. however, i can hear the ringing noise when i call her or she calls me...but nothing from her mic.

I don't think her mic is working. Are you sure the webcam is configured correctly on Windows? Doesn't Logitech have some other software to install and configure it? Did you try swapping webcams with her to see if her webcam functions correctly on your Mac?

nofear23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I don't think her mic is working. Are you sure the webcam is configured correctly on Windows? Doesn't Logitech have some other software to install and configure it? Did you try swapping webcams with her to see if her webcam functions correctly on your Mac?

her brother has a webcam and she is going to call him soon and see if its coming from her end. I will let you know the results.

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
her brother has a webcam and she is going to call him soon and see if its coming from her end. I will let you know the results.

Just a stab in the dark...

You have your webcam configured as your input device in Sound Preferences. What do you have configured for the output device?

nofear23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Just a stab in the dark...

You have your webcam configured as your input device in Sound Preferences. What do you have configured for the output device?

I have it set to built-in audio headphones. I use that port for my external speakers. it always works for my itunes, playing videos online, etc., except for this. maybe it is on her end.

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I have it set to built-in audio headphones. I use that port for my external speakers. it always works for my itunes, playing videos online, etc., except for this. maybe it is on her end.

The problem is definitely on her end (although I never used skype and wouldn't know how to configure it).

I still think that you should swap webcams with her just to make sure her webcam is not defective. If it works fine on your Mac, then it is a problem in her Windows configuration for the webcam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.