Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old May 26, 2008, 12:10 PM   #1
LewisG18
macrumors newbie

Macbook wont start up.

Yesterday I shut down my computer. I tried to turn it back on about an hour later an the screen stayed black, I didn't hear any fans or anything happening when I pushed the power button. All I saw was the white LED light on. Nothing else. I have tried the troubleshooting tips on apple and nothing has worked. Anybody know what I could do?
LewisG18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 08:36 PM   #2
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Any update? Are you talking about Apple Troubleshooting Tips in your MB Manual? Which MB do you have? Are you running Panther/Tiger/Leo? Do you have restore/reinstall disks?
Old May 27, 2008, 09:04 PM   #3
rioting
macrumors member

I don't know if you have tried this yet, but reset the SMC?

Remove all cables connected to the computer. Take the battery off. Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Reinsert the battery while holding the power button and press the power button again.

Hope that works.
rioting is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 11:23 PM   #4
LewisG18
macrumors newbie

Ive tried all the troubleshooting things like PRAM MSC and stuff, none work.

Yesterday I held down the trackpad and some random buttons on my keyboard and the computer came on. I shut down, same problem and I did the same thing about 5 times and it finally came on. Not sure if im pushing certain keys and it comes on, or im just lucky.

Im using the Macbook from July '06 I believe its the 1st Gen one. Leopard.

My keyboard doesnt have any affect when the screen is off.

When I turn on the comp its like its asleep already. But when I turn it on holding certain buttons down it sometimes just turns on like its normal again.
LewisG18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook