Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FelonyRuckus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I tried to do a search and couldn't find anything...

I bought a TV show from the iTunes store, The Unit, and it played once on my computer but, now it won't play again. It says its in my iTunes but it won't play, that also goes for few of my other shows. Is there a way to try and find them? I'm sorry but, I'm a MAC newbie and its frustrating...

sharky05

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2007
This should determine if you can play the file at all, then we can work to playing it in itunes...

Select the show in itunes and hit command-I. This brings up the info about it. look at the 'where' entry at the bottom of the window, and try and find that path in finder (it's usually in [your home directory]/music/iTunes/iTunes Music/TV Shows or something)

Once you've found the file, right click on it and go to 'Open With' and try 'Quicktime Player' from the list.

Does that play your file?

ikondave

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2007
Savannah, GA
I tried to do a search and couldn't find anything...

I bought a TV show from the iTunes store, The Unit, and it played once on my computer but, now it won't play again. It says its in my iTunes but it won't play, that also goes for few of my other shows. Is there a way to try and find them? I'm sorry but, I'm a MAC newbie and its frustrating...

A simple reset was all I needed to fix the same problem.

dcmx252

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Can't play TV Shows from Finder folder iTunes Media

I found the file in my finder folder and tried to open with QuickTime and got the same result as in iTunes. Black screen. Now what?:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.