Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 27, 2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Dorfdad
macrumors 6502

Possible to stream RENTALS from Itunes to PS3 or XBOX360?

Like the topic asks is it possible to rent movies from itunes and stream them to your PS3 or 360? I use Medialink and it connects to my Itunes files, and my AVI collections fine but for some reason Im not able to even see the rentals on my PS3.

Is there a special secret folder these movies are stored? They do not seem to be in the Itunes/Movies folder

I rented a movie yesterday and Im unable to find it.
Old May 27, 2008, 02:57 PM   #2
eg2007
macrumors 6502

http://www.nullriver.com/products/connect360

I use it at home. Works for me.
eg2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Dorfdad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg2007 View Post
http://www.nullriver.com/products/connect360

I use it at home. Works for me.
I use this as well on my PS3 Medialink is the newest version of this program..
But Im unable to see RENTED movies in my menus on the PS3 though I can see all other files.

think I found my own answer and its sucks

Quote:
iTunes Store purchases are protected by Apple and thus can only be used with Apple gear such as the iPod/iPhone or AppleTV

A workaround for iTunes Store purchased music is to burn it to a CD and then re-import it from the CD into your library using iTunes.
screw that I will not be paying for rentals from Itunes from now on, looks like Netflix and Redbox are going to be getting a new customer...
Old May 27, 2008, 04:26 PM   #4
mallbritton
macrumors 6502

Honestly, what did you expect? You knew iTunes rentals are protected by FairPlay, so why did you think they would work with a PS3 or Xbox?

Regards,
Michael
mallbritton is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater