Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
NY
every once in a while my iPod touch's screen enters a state that makes the touch screen responseless as in nothing happens if i tough a icon/ thing on screen, the only things that work are the home button and the button on upper left hand corner.

the iPod has entered this only a few times before but now, it happens multiple times an hour. it has happened to me 3 times in 10 minutes today

has anyone else had this happen to them frequently?

if i take it to the Genius Bar, will i need to offer some kind of proof because when i want this to happen, it won't but it just happens when 'm not expecting it?

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Do you have some kind of cover on the touch that may be blocking your finger? Are you actually using the meaty part of your finger and not your fingernail or stylus? I haven't tried it but I suspect that some cleaning products may block the touch function, e.g., an anti-static cleaner may block the necessary connectivity with your finger.

If you go the Genius Bar and it isn't happening, you can let them help the next person while you sit there with the touch, and break in when it starts to act up.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
NY
no screen ptoectors or any stuff like that, the nearest genius bar is about 1hr away and i don't wanna go for something that might not happen............

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.