Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old May 28, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1
lambing
macrumors newbie

15" Titanium Powerbook battery problems

The old battery just wasn't holding a charge, so I bought a replacement from a local Mac only store. Charged it overnight, got to 94% capacity, ran it on battery until drained, then it never charged beyond 47%. Took it back to the dealer, he gave me another battery no problem.

The new one never charges beyond 50%, and gives me 90 minutes max.. I've reset the firmware, thrown out any battery or power management preferences I can find, zapped the PRAM, nothing helps. I contacted the owner of the sore, and his reply was well, 90 minutes isn't bad.
What could I be doing wrong/missing/forgetting/etc.

Thanks
lambing is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search