Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsheridan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
I'm running Adblock Plus 0.7.5.4 on Firefox 2.0.0.14 and have encountered a few problems with video player programs.

When Adblock Plus is disabled, there is no problem.
When enabled and I scroll down the page, the video player disappears. After rolling the pointer over the disappeared parts, they reappear again.(kinda hard to explain).Note that these haven't been blocked by Adblock.

Take these two examples;
BBC The Apprentice site. The part below the video player- Recaps and Highlights, Unseen etc., is where the problem is.

Apple Insider news story. The video player disappears when I scroll down the page.

Anyone else experience this, or know how to fix it?

Running OS 10.4.11

thanks, b.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
This is just a bug that the developers will have to address. Adblock Plus also blocks embedded quicktime. Try watching a Get A Mac ad at the Apple website. I would recommend using a different web browser for the certain things that Adblock won't allow.

Edit: I just tried the two links you listed and didn't have a problem. Other than that I'm not in the UK and can't watch The Apprentice. I'm using FF3.

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I tried adblock and uninstalled it. Firefox blocks most everything on its own anyway.

I had nothing but problems with it and it really slows the browser down imo.

bsheridan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
thanks for the advice guys. Its just few advertisements that were annoying me on newspaper sites that lead me to installing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.