Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old May 30, 2008, 12:29 PM   #1
kithands
macrumors newbie

10.5.3 and Photoshop CS£ File Corrupting

Beware 10.5.3 is corrupting files saved over a network. Adobe says it never supported saving over a network. Checkout Adobe forum. Have spent a whole day trying to figure why files being corrupted after update to 10.5.3 Arrrgh!!!!

Originally posted in Mac OS X
kithands is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:20 PM   #2
northerngit
macrumors member

Take a look at the Apple forums... hopefully it will shed some light on the issue.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7280644

It appears this only affects AFP shares due to Adobe utilising a deprecated API...
northerngit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:03 PM   #3
DigitalDisasta
macrumors newbie

Saving over a network like that isn't really good practice. That's why they developed Version Cue. It does all the network BS for you and just let's you work. I'm really surprised to see so many people affected by this. I never would of thought that people would work right of a network drive like that.
DigitalDisasta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:15 PM   #4
tersono
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDisasta View Post
Saving over a network like that isn't really good practice. That's why they developed Version Cue. It does all the network BS for you and just let's you work. I'm really surprised to see so many people affected by this. I never would of thought that people would work right of a network drive like that.
Yep - agreed. It's always been prone to difficulties and has just gotten more so. As systems admin at my place of work (as well as being a designer), that's always the first thing I tell new users not to do. VersionCue is the way around the problem.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking