|May 31, 2008, 12:50 PM||#1|
Wait or buy now?
Im new to the Mac-Rumors community but I need help with a decision and this seemed like the best place to turn. I currently own an iBook G4 and have been very pleased with my systems performance through out the years. Unfortunately, it's time for an upgrade. I'm not made of money so I can't just throw money into a nice MPB so I am considering a black MacBook. My only problem is that Apple has a tendency to upgrade there products a lot and I have heard rumors of a new Intel Nehalem processor to be released. I can't afford upgrades a lot so I was wondering if should hold out and wait for the new Nehalem processor. I also was wondering if I waited, would the next generation of MacBook's with the Nehalem chips would have more than 144 mb of vram? I would prefer 256 mb of vram,
Any help greatly appreciated!
|Jun 1, 2008, 04:51 AM||#2|
the biggest spec upgrade (from what i understand) will be an upgraded integrated graphics card, the X4500 (up from the X3100). it is said to have at least double the performance of the X3100.. unfortunately, i'm not certain on what the exact specs on these are... perhaps someone else can help?
however, unless you're planning on doing some 3D modeling/gaming, the X3100 should suit you fine.
so it's really up to you, if you want to wait or not.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Just got enough money to buy 24" iMac, wait or buy now?||Itacious||Buying Tips and Advice||25||Jul 25, 2009 01:26 PM|
|Wait or Buy now||Loser120588||Buying Tips and Advice||4||Jan 11, 2007 06:14 PM|
|PS3 - wait or buy now?||aholden12592||Games||31||Nov 28, 2006 08:46 PM|
|Intel Macs: Wait or Buy Now?||MacBytes||MacBytes.com News Discussion||3||Jan 30, 2006 04:42 PM|
|Microsoft Office -- wait or buy now for MacBook Pro?||cleung||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||13||Jan 16, 2006 09:09 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.