Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 31, 2008, 01:05 PM   #1
frankiepdx
macrumors regular

Update hacked Apple TV (Apple updates or do I?)

I'm ready to buy a patchstick because the whole SSH + plugins method sounds to tedious for a newbie like myself. I think I may order the new ATV4Windows 2.3 stick. I see that it will make me do a factory restore that will put me back to 1.1.

My question is after the hack completes, do I go back into the menu and "Check for updates" and go back to download updates as Apple releases them? Or do I not mess with the new plugin files and stay tied to the hack and update when the hack updates?
frankiepdx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2008, 01:35 PM   #2
omni
macrumors 6502

I don't know bout the ATV windows one specifically but when I hacked mine I did factory restore which brought it back to 1.1 then did software update on the appletv to bring it back to 2.02 then i did all the patchstick business.

I hacked mine after 2.02 so I don't know what will happen with 2.03 (or 2.1 or 3.0 or whatever comes out next).
omni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2008, 02:21 PM   #3
tom1971
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiepdx View Post
I'm ready to buy a patchstick because the whole SSH + plugins method sounds to tedious for a newbie like myself. I think I may order the new ATV4Windows 2.3 stick. I see that it will make me do a factory restore that will put me back to 1.1.

My question is after the hack completes, do I go back into the menu and "Check for updates" and go back to download updates as Apple releases them? Or do I not mess with the new plugin files and stay tied to the hack and update when the hack updates?
Do not update ! Otherwise you will lose your hack / patch !
You just stick to what is provided through the hack.

Cheers,

Tom
tom1971 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater