Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:04 AM   #1
Jesuz
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Need help reconstruct bricked AppleTV hard drive

I have a bricked AppleTV HDD and need to be reconstructed from scratch. Now I have only OSBoot image from internet. I can get all of my partition working, but only the recovery partition missing. I don't know what to do to get it back.

The big problem is I'm running Leopard which make it impossible to do anything in Terminal, since most of the instructions are in Tiger.

Any idea guys?
Jesuz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:28 AM   #2
pagansoul
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to pagansoul
I know this is no help, but, how did this happen?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Jesuz
macrumors newbie

I just want to upgrade my HD so I bought the new HD, but something happen to my original HD, I couldn't get original image from old HD.

I found BootOS.dmg on the internet, so I partitioned new HD and put the BootOS.dmg back in AppleTV. It works except that I don't have recovery partition, so I can't do the factory restore.

Please help
Jesuz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 06:09 AM   #4
russelljtdyer
macrumors newbie

need BootOS.dmg

Where did you find the BootOS.dmg? Can you provide a link or send me a copy? Either than or do you know where I can get a copy of an AppleTV.img? My old drive was trashed and can't find the installation software to install the new drive.
russelljtdyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Cave Man
macrumors 604

Location: Neander Valley, Germany; just outside of Duesseldorf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuz View Post
I just want to upgrade my HD so I bought the new HD, but something happen to my original HD, I couldn't get original image from old HD.
What do you mean by "something happen(ed) to" your original drive?

Quote:
I found BootOS.dmg on the internet, so I partitioned new HD and put the BootOS.dmg back in AppleTV. It works except that I don't have recovery partition, so I can't do the factory restore.
How did you get a bootable ATV drive by using the OSBoot.dmg image?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater