Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
now that blip will screw up the regression equations oh well :eek:

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
used to be at my old jobs. :'( but now im down to whatever at my last job is still running + my home box. the machines at my old job were all on the beta client so they might die in august when they retire the old client. if the ps3 were cheaper id get one of those

i do rc5 too. im ranked pretty high in that but those rc5 PPC macs from my old jobs are slowly going away too :'(

http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=8&id=423409

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
used to be at my old jobs. :'( but now im down to whatever at my last job is still running + my home box. the machines at my old job were all on the beta client so they might die in august when they retire the old client. if the ps3 were cheaper id get one of those

i do rc5 too. im ranked pretty high in that but those rc5 PPC macs from my old jobs are slowly going away too :'(

http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=8&id=423409

Nice stats!

Are you like the reason F@H posted warnings about running the clients at work? ;) what did you do in your previous jobs if you don't mind me asking?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
thanks!

i do IT work for servers and desktops. at my last job i fixed and ran all the computers by myself so i feel like i deserve the stats for keeping everything up day after day. i don't feel bad about it-- they laid me off w/o notice so screw em. even if i wanted to i wouldn't have had a chance to take it off all the computers. the guy who replaced me is a mac hater too :(

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
thanks!

i do IT work for servers and desktops. at my last job i fixed and ran all the computers by myself so i feel like i deserve the stats for keeping everything up day after day. i don't feel bad about it-- they laid me off w/o notice so screw em. even if i wanted to i wouldn't have had a chance to take it off all the computers

That sux dude. I have a long way to go before I hit the top 100!! :eek:

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Original poster
It's doesn't take a farm to produce large numbers. I fold about 16 hours a day on my MacBook 2GHz Core2Duo and 24/7 with my PS3 and am cranking out 1800 points/day average. I'm currently the 16th largest producer for MacRumors. Now if I only had 2 PS3s. The sick thing is that I've considered buying a 2nd PS3 just to fold.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The cox DNS servers here are having problems, 2nd time this week.

Sucks, I had to actually hunt and look for the old DNS servers I used to use under another provider.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
It's doesn't take a farm to produce large numbers. I fold about 16 hours a day on my MacBook 2GHz Core2Duo and 24/7 with my PS3 and am cranking out 1800 points/day average. I'm currently the 16th largest producer for MacRumors. Now if I only had 2 PS3s. The sick thing is that I've considered buying a 2nd PS3 just to fold.
haha u are sick! ;) i bet that ps3 cranks. i'm waiting for it to go to a 45nm process or get smaller of get gran turismo 5 (full version) or something to make it more attractive for the price

work gave me a mbp 2ghz but im afraid to fold on it

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I just have to say that opendns kicks ass.

I keep forgetting to add that number to my list of available DNS servers.

Usually only when one set goes down, do I hunt and rotate.

Since it has been 6 months since the last outage, I completely forgot what I named the list of alternates.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Original poster
haha u are sick! ;) i bet that ps3 cranks. i'm waiting for it to go to a 45nm process or get smaller of get gran turismo 5 (full version) or something to make it more attractive for the price

work gave me a mbp 2ghz but im afraid to fold on it

I've been playing Prologue and have to say it is more than worth the $40. It's an amazing game in it's own right.

It they ever drop the price of the PS3 down to $60 I'll probably buy a second one. I hope they get the media server stuff sorted on it then I'd have a second one right now.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland

You PS3 must be flying. My iMac gives me around 1k a day I think, every 48 hours I finish one of them SMP proteins. PB not too fast though :eek:

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US

Bidding on BluRay-less PS3s on ebay after getting a paypal giftcard and not finding much I wanted.

I hit 100,000 pts yesterday, and am just getting started.

EDIT: Won a PS3. Looking forward to an extra ~3 WUs/day (according to F@H FAQ)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.