Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenny Pollock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2003
Hollywood, FL
I'm going with my mom's boyfriend (I'm 13) to Macworld SF '04 in January.

I don't want to have to pay hundreds of dollars to get in to see products and the keynote if I don't have to.

I think their site is crap, it's like a ripped up map when you're looking for directions.

Each of these passes say:
Free Pass!
Without our compliments (A $35 value)

Exhibit Hall Hours:
(times and dates)

On back it says the exhibitor's company name that sent it to me, and "Visit us at booth #"

I'm just confused.
What does this "Exhibit Hall Guest Pass" entitle me to? Can I see the keynote? Can I see new products and walk around everywhere?

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2001
It means you get to go to the booth # of the company from whom you got the pass, and that's it. No keynote, no workshops, no parties.

dcoltonbrown

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2003
Originally posted by GigaWire
It means you get to go to the booth # of the company from whom you got the pass, and that's it. No keynote, no workshops, no parties.

No...

From your description, Kidd, you should have access to the exhibitions.

Soma_Addict

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2002
Exhibits Only

Well you got an exhibits only pass.

I have gotten that pass for the past several years and let me say, that is all you really need. Of course seeing the keynote is worth it, and I have been able to get into the keynote twice in the past with only an exhibits only pass, you just have to have a nice mix stealth, subtlety and confidence.

But with the exhibits only pass you can go to every booth and get all sorts of free stuff. There are some classes that you can attend, like the Adobe booth usually has some short courses to explain new or recent features of their software, but all of the conferences are off limits to exhibits only badge holders.

Hope that helps you out, I am sure you will have a great time. Get down there early and you might be able to make it into the keynote or a rollover room. It never hurts to ask around and see what is possible.

BTW where did you get your free pass from? was it a special promo code from some website?

Kenny Pollock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2003
Hollywood, FL
Thanks, got the passes from some friends who have a booth there.

I am the founder of an old Mac site, Make the Switch (mtswitch.net) and starting a new site Macommunity (macommunity.com).. spoke w/Macworld.. I got accepted for some press passes, so I'm set for the keynote either way!

I need to find someone with an iBook G4 to meet up with and hang with.. I need an adult to get in with, and I need a portable to report on my site. I don't feel like going with my mom's boyfriend, he doesn't even know what a Mac is!

I have a few press passes, so if anyone wants to hang out, just reply.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Well, this will be my third keynote and fifth MacWorld Expo. I can go to exhibits for free on a pass from my school (we're tied in with 3d animation and design), but that's not good enough. I missed it last year, and I've been kicking myself ever since. I'm gonna buy a Users pass.

Who wants to meet up for Pizza across the street from the Moscone Center?

Dan

ps - kidd0 - I'm 23 and I'll walk you in. Passes? Send one my way! ;)
Don't have an iBook G4, but I have an iBook G3 - you can pretend it's G4!

edit: I think Exhibits Only will take you only half way - the real gold is in the tutorials.

Kenny Pollock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2003
Hollywood, FL
alset, I'll take you up on that pizza offer- you pay.

I have 2 passes, exhibit hall, but I will be recieving press passes for my company soon.

iChat me, kidd0@mac.com and we can make meeting arrangements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.