Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
Me too. WhiteCap simply ROCKS!

The only visualizer I've seen that has cool transitions between vis presets.

I hardly ever use vis, but this one is really awesome. (And performs WELL... fullscreen 1600x1200 at high frame rate on my computer where no other vis can do it! ;) )

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Wow. The visualizer is wire-frame happy. Prob. works better as a screensaver than an iTunes visualizer in most instances, because very little focus of the varying amplitudes and frequencies is placed on the various shapes and forms of the centrifigure. In addition, the varying up and down amplitudes as "seen" in the waves in the figure seem to be expressed as a linear function (ex. 256Hz at x = 5, 512Hz at x = 6, 768Hz at x = 7, 1024Hz at x = 8 etc.). I prefer visual representations of sound in powers of 2.

The only thing I found worthy of some notice in the visualizer was the blanket-like wireframe that uniformly rippeled outward from the center, showing evidence of a 3D wave.

What I think would be a cool lookover for a visualizer (excuse the axis in the following image) would be a non-wire frame 3D supercolor representation as follows:

(Credit goes to the developers of Graphing Calculator: www.pacifict.com for supplying the ability to make this mathematical graphic)

Attachments

• genbypacifict.jpg
    genbypacifict.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 820

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
thanks for the info on how it works, but all i know is that it looks cool. you can just leave it as a screensaver if you wanted to i guess.

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
It looks nice. The American flag is a nice touch...it also has the flag of India. I guess that should tell us something about the programmers?

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i also saw the canadian flag and the puerto rican flag, so i think they just did a bunch of countries.

I think you're right. I just followed some links and read the author's bio.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Just a simple question:

can it be that some kind of adware or spyware is installed when you install this vis ?

Is adware or spyware a problem on Macs at all ?

Your toughts ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.