Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:36 AM   #1
STxMacUser
macrumors member

Sync completed...ATV doesn't save synced items

I received my Apple TV this afternoon and have been trying to figure out how to successfully sync to the ATV from iTunes. It goes thru the sync and completes, but if I exit out it warns me that everything will be lost. (I have done that twice and am re-syncing as I type. I thought that once you snyced your iTunes songs, videos and pictures from folders that they were stored on the ATV. What am I doing wrong???
STxMacUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2008, 06:45 AM   #2
gwsat
macrumors 68000

When iTunes is open on your computer an Apple TV that had been synced to it checks for the files that are stored in your iTunes Music, Movie, and other libraries. The Apple TV will automatically delete from its own hard drive any files it cannot find in an iTunes library. Could the source of your problem be that you have been deleting files from your iTunes libraries?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:06 AM   #3
MikieMikie
macrumors 6502a

Just to amplify what gwsat wrote, syncing is an active process -- it isn't a simple copy. If you move/delete something from your computer that has been synced, it will be reflected on the AppleTV.
MikieMikie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2008, 09:15 AM   #4
STxMacUser
macrumors member

I guess that I didn't wait long enough or something. After the third completed Sync the Apple TV retained my music and photos. Works like a charm now!
STxMacUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater