Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by johnnyjibbs
I don't understand. A light that plugs on the end of the iSight? It's not clear from the pictures.

it does appear to slide over the end, probably plugs into firewire for power... i would question how bright such a light can be, without adding to the heat already created by the isight... but it doesn't appear that they're exactly for sale yet, the product page is simply the radioshark page modified for these images. they have not filled in any text yet.

pnw

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
i thought it was photoshoped until i saw the actual griffin site. it could be useful. i dont have an isight, but judging from what ive seen of others, a light would definetly help.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Seems like this is more a confirmed rumor then unconfirmed one since it's actually on their website.

I do remember folks saying they wish the iSight had more help in the lighting dept. and it looks like griffin is answering the call.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I saw the third picture on Spymac yesterday I think. I think it is a Griffin-only thing, not a Belkin-Apple partnership. Knowing Griffin, they might announce it in December, set to ship in late January, pushed back to March. Arrives at your door in April, maybe. :)

Looks cool regardless.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
While it seems this is an actual product, I much doubt this is a photograph. It looks similar to the high-quality 3d mockups that Ive's group does. Looks like 3d studio max or similar to me. This probably means the product is still a little ways in the future and only at the advanced design stages for now.

adamberti

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2003
So there goes another firewire or USB port then.... Too bad it couldnt connect some other way. After your iSight, iPod, External Drives, mouse, keyboard, PowerMate and possible PDA (bluetooth), you're going to need more ports. Come on Apple!

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Originally posted by Freg3000
I saw the third picture on Spymac yesterday I think. I think it is a Griffin-only thing, not a Belkin-Apple partnership. Knowing Griffin, they might announce it in December, set to ship in late January, pushed back to March. Arrives at your door in April, maybe. :)

Looks cool regardless.

Ya know, some things are just worth waiting for... Griffin is a candy company-- and probably the best out there.

And they always seem to price things reasonably-- makes impulse buying so much harder to fight!

wilco

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2003
Please change this. Thanks.

Location: "There's an old man sittin' next to me, makin' love to his tonic and gin." -Billy Joel's "Piano Man" (on iTunes!)

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by Wonder Boy
i thought it was photoshoped until i saw the actual griffin site. it could be useful. i dont have an isight, but judging from what ive seen of others, a light would definetly help.

Obviously its "photoshopped" and not an actual picture but that doesn't make it any less of a possibility. It's pretty common for a company to do mock-up or "photoshopped" product shots prior to the final revision becoming available for product shots. A lot of the time prototypes are very photogenic.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
still think its fake

the link is for the radio shark...when you click the radio shark link again the picture changes.

or its a joke from a griffin employee who frequents macrumors.

NNO-Stephen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I for one would love one of these things. the power could be taken from a pass through port through the iSight firewire cable cause a while LED wouldn't use too much power... a big LED. :)

hey, it could work.

anyway, I'd pick one up. looks like it'd be 50 bucks cause when the SHARK thing is clicked on again, the real page for that comes up at 69.99 while the SightLight is 49.99

supercres

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else not seeing the "Sight Light," but rather a squirrel that, well, "seems to have suffered a rather serious snake bite"? (To quote Stewie from Family Guy)

I think Arn was right to stick this on Page 2 -- I think we've been had. Regardless, anyone have the original picture handy?

brianwells

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2003
Is there a mirror for the original pictures?

Do any of you have the pictures that were originally posted? Perhaps in your browser cache?

The pictures have been pulled and replaced with some other sort of pictures. Rather unprofessional on Griffin's part - they should have simply pulled the pictures. :(

Thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.