|Nov 30, 2003, 10:40 AM||#1|
An Open Letter to the creators of ipodsdirtysecret.com.
Link: An Open Letter to the creators of ipodsdirtysecret.com.
Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
|Nov 30, 2003, 11:32 AM||#3|
I might actually read it if the person who wrote it had enough sense to make it a pdf, or hell even a standardized font like timesnewroman/arial 12 pt...what is this bold futura bs? jeez...
OK now pardon me, but I am no english teacher, however there are some gigantic things I dont see in this that there should be.
1. A proper heading, regardless of its open letter status it should be more formal..
2. Your introduction to the problem is fine, but you need to go indepth as to what the problem truly is, how it has affected people- etc.
3. A call to action. Now I know that most people when they write forget this, however it is the single most important part of an open letter like this. You need to put in there what you want to happen. Right now it is little more than a collective rambling. Ya need to write something in there that is gonna make me, everybody else, and the niestat brothers think!
4. For the love of all that is Holy, please use a standardized font such as 12pt arial/Times New Roman
5. A conclusion? You need a conclusion....Rambling until the end is not a conclusion. What has happened? What do you want to happen? How will this effect others in the future if these people are not stopped. Why should I care about these people? These are the questions to be thinking about when you are writing a conclusion on something of this nature
Last edited by tazo; Nov 30, 2003 at 11:39 AM.
|Nov 30, 2003, 12:09 PM||#4|
I thought they took the site down already.
Looking for a powerbook.
|Nov 30, 2003, 12:41 PM||#5|
I wrote this
The font is Helvetica. I see no problem with it.
It has been well documented that for users who do not have a PDF Plugin in their browser are extremely annoyed by PDFs on the web and would rather view an HTML.
My call to action is at the end, you yourself stated you didn't read it:
"I knew something had to be done._ I invite any Mac users to share their outcry via email to email@example.com, and, if you have seen the defaced ads, feel free to look up their name in your local yellow pages._Despite the fact that a less tech-savvy potential iPod buyer could walk by one of the messages and decide to not purchase an iPod, I imagine that walking by the message several times daily could be an eyesore._ The Neistats have lied to every person who has clicked the link, and their entire motive of informing iPod users of the "dirty secret" is being contradicted by their stupidity in refusing to acknowledge the truth._ So join me by formally requesting that the Neistats add the iPod Battery Replacement information to their websites."
This is not designed to be a perfect english language example, but just for people to read. I am sorry I feel asleep during english in 9th grade.
Last edited by zellin; Nov 30, 2003 at 12:50 PM.
|Nov 30, 2003, 10:25 PM||#6|
I think I know the guy who owns their datacenter personally, I'll give him a call tomorrow.
Too bad I stopped defacements/hacking earlier this year, I could've had this site down in 3 seconds
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|An open letter to God||7thson||Wasteland||4||Mar 13, 2013 09:06 AM|
|An Open Letter to Tim Cook||Bernard SG||Politics, Religion, Social Issues||59||Nov 3, 2012 04:57 PM|
|rMBP: An Open Letter to Tim Cook and Apple||MLMcMillion||MacBook Pro||70||Oct 16, 2012 08:09 AM|
|Open Letter to Tim Cook||azpc||Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion||16||Jul 3, 2012 12:34 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.