Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:17 PM   #1
SBik2
macrumors 6502a

someone using my cell number to call people but i didnt call? READ

hey all.. someone was somehow using my number to call otehr people and say obscenities to people.. i called at&t( I talked to the highest ranked supervisor/fraud manager so i assume hes high enough on the chain) after and since he noticed im using an iPhone, he said if i wana do anything to my account (change my number) to wait until monday or later he said due to apple "might be changing something with the iPhones" so i think he was trying to tip me off?

so ya im going to hold off on the chaning my number...
but how do you guys think using my number could be possible? ( i know of people "spoofing" caller id's.. the fraud/ manager said that someone could also get into my wifi.. weird
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:23 PM   #2
ClassicBean
macrumors 6502a

I don't think this is related to your phone, nor to AT&T. There are some VOIP phone services that let you play with the caller ID name and number. So, potentially, someone could be spoofing your name and number and there isn't much you can do.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:27 PM   #3
SBik2
macrumors 6502a

okay thats what i thought too..
but im gonna wait till monday to change it..
thanks for the reply

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting