Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattG728

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Like do you often get access to the internet while your out, or is it always a hassle to find a wifi spot? Hows the internet service?

And theres no chance for a price drop at WWDC?

colourclassic

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
Melbourne
I don't usually use the internet on my touch when out and about, but I do get Wi-Fi about 50% of the time (leeching off other people of course)

I doubt there will be price drops on Monday, probably more like September where we will also see increased capacity and all that good stuff.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I hardly get wifi anywhere when I'm away from home. others peoples experience with wifi will have absolutely no bearing on what your experience will be. if Internet access away from home is important to you then get the iPhone.

conor ordan

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
Lots of access in Europe

I frequently travel to cities and towns around Europe and I find it very easy to gain WiFi access, both free and pay per minute (also I don't know why or how but if I encounter a network only locked with WEP security, entering a password of 'admin' will let me join).

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
There's no free public WiFi in Tokyo, so I'll be first in line for the iPhone as soon as it's available here, no matter what the cost. The Touch is awesome, but it is exponentially more useful (for me, anyway) when it has access to the internet. ;)

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/N45AP Safari/419.3)

whenever i spot free wifi, il be on my touch, doing whatever, but on average about 70% of the time I have wifi

LAPTOP GAMER

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
It is fun looking for internet connections, but the only successful connections are the ATT which I pay for.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Even when I find unsecured WiFi, I normally can't connect. I get an error saying that the iPod couldn't connect to the network. If you need to have internet when your out go with an iPhone.

Don

Angels&Airwaves

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
youd be surprised how many places you can find it. restaurants mainly...i too get an error when trying to connect to some open networks. its sad.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.