Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:35 PM   #1
NDimichino
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Anyone know how to verify someones PayPal address?

?
NDimichino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:39 PM   #2
seenett
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Paypal verifies a user's physical address by comparing it with the address provided by their linked credit card. The transaction's payment screen will list the buyer's address as CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED.

If you mean email address, then I don't know.

Last edited by seenett; Jun 7, 2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling
seenett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:41 PM   #3
NDimichino
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by seenett View Post
Paypal verifies a user's physical address by comparing it with the address provided by their linked credit card. The transaction's payment screen will list the buyer's address as CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED.

If you mean email address, then I don't know.
Okay, so when my phone sells, and I receive the payment from the user through paypal, the address will show up on paypal as confirmed or unconfirmed based on their paypal address and credit card address matching?
NDimichino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:14 PM   #4
nickspohn
macrumors 68040
 
nickspohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Pretty much. Remember though that if you sell your phone to someone out of america, they probably won't have a confirmed paypal address.
__________________
iPhone 4 | iPhone 3GS | iPhone 3G | iPhone
Macbook Pro 17inch Unibody Core i5
nickspohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:46 PM   #5
NDimichino
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickspohn View Post
Pretty much. Remember though that if you sell your phone to someone out of america, they probably won't have a confirmed paypal address.
Okay, the winner of the auction is in Canada. He has an address obviously. Let's say I receive the payment and it clears through PayPal, I send out my phone. That's it right?

I appreciate the help guys.
NDimichino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:55 PM   #6
seenett
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
If the buyer does not have a "confirmed" address, it is really not a big deal. If the buyer files a claim with Paypal that they never received the item, and it was shipped to an unconfirmed address, Paypal might not mediate in your favor. Get the buyer to send you an email stating where to ship, then have a way to track the shipment and confirm delivery. That email and tracking record will help with any future mediation (should it become necessary).
seenett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 03:05 PM   #7
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604
 
SFStateStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco California, USA
Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by seenett View Post
If the buyer does not have a "confirmed" address, it is really not a big deal. If the buyer files a claim with Paypal that they never received the item, and it was shipped to an unconfirmed address, Paypal might not mediate in your favor. Get the buyer to send you an email stating where to ship, then have a way to track the shipment and confirm delivery. That email and tracking record will help with any future mediation (should it become necessary).
Definitely get a phone number, especially if it is in Canada. Have the buyer call you that way you have their phone number. Ensure that they SIGN for the iPhone, that way they will require ID to match the name on the iPhone package that you ship to them. Also, insure the iPhone and charge that to the total handling and shipping price.
__________________
MBP 2.5GHz 640GB 4GB RAM Mac Pro iPhone 4S iOS 5 Black 64GB AC+ NEW iPad Apple TV 2G
SFStateStudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:40 AM   #8
gadgetgirl85
macrumors 68040
 
gadgetgirl85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Send a message via AIM to gadgetgirl85
I know this is slightly offtopic, but is another Paypal issue. I wonder why it takes so many days to clear funds paid to someones account
__________________
| 15" rMBP, 2.3 Ghz, 16gb ram, 512GB SSD|:apple" 27" 3.2 Ghz iMac, 8gb ram, 1TB HDD [/B] Follow me on twitter
My tech blog
gadgetgirl85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 09:47 AM   #9
tytanic11
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reading, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by viccles View Post
I know this is slightly offtopic, but is another Paypal issue. I wonder why it takes so many days to clear funds paid to someones account
If funds don't clear right away, that payment probably involved an eCheck - which is just like a paper check in that it withdraws money from the sender's account and must be held until the sender's bank confirms that the funds are available and transfers them. If the sender used a credit card or their PayPal balance, the funds would clear instantly.
__________________
A few MacBooks, a few iMacs, aTV, etc, etc.
16gb phone 4 S⃣
tytanic11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:44 PM   #10
lPHONE
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/p...jobs@apple.com

You have to be logged in to use this service.
lPHONE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:37 AM   #11
ethical
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lPHONE View Post
https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/p...jobs@apple.com

You have to be logged in to use this service.
This threads a year and a half old... and your comment didn't make any sense....?
__________________
"MacRumors IRC....it's like a conversation gangbang." - Leareth
Join the fun
irc.krono.net, #macrumors
ethical is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PayPal Debuts 'PayPal Here for iPad' for Small Businesses MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 19 Jun 5, 2014 02:31 AM
Using someones upgrade K3v1n iPhone 4 Sep 29, 2013 07:18 AM
iPhone: iMessage and borrowing someones Iphone help! cmstorm iOS 5 and earlier 0 Sep 18, 2012 01:55 PM
Unable to verify email address with Messages Cynicalone OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Jul 25, 2012 03:38 PM
anyway to block someones number? doyle369 iPhone 5 Jul 19, 2012 10:07 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC