Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:35 PM   #1
NDimichino
macrumors 6502a

Anyone know how to verify someones PayPal address?

?
NDimichino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:39 PM   #2
seenett
macrumors regular

Paypal verifies a user's physical address by comparing it with the address provided by their linked credit card. The transaction's payment screen will list the buyer's address as CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED.

If you mean email address, then I don't know.

Last edited by seenett; Jun 7, 2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling
seenett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:41 PM   #3
NDimichino
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by seenett View Post
Paypal verifies a user's physical address by comparing it with the address provided by their linked credit card. The transaction's payment screen will list the buyer's address as CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED.

If you mean email address, then I don't know.
Okay, so when my phone sells, and I receive the payment from the user through paypal, the address will show up on paypal as confirmed or unconfirmed based on their paypal address and credit card address matching?
Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:14 PM   #4
nickspohn
macrumors 68040

Pretty much. Remember though that if you sell your phone to someone out of america, they probably won't have a confirmed paypal address.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:46 PM   #5
NDimichino
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickspohn View Post
Pretty much. Remember though that if you sell your phone to someone out of america, they probably won't have a confirmed paypal address.
Okay, the winner of the auction is in Canada. He has an address obviously. Let's say I receive the payment and it clears through PayPal, I send out my phone. That's it right?

I appreciate the help guys.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:55 PM   #6
seenett
macrumors regular

If the buyer does not have a "confirmed" address, it is really not a big deal. If the buyer files a claim with Paypal that they never received the item, and it was shipped to an unconfirmed address, Paypal might not mediate in your favor. Get the buyer to send you an email stating where to ship, then have a way to track the shipment and confirm delivery. That email and tracking record will help with any future mediation (should it become necessary).
seenett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 03:05 PM   #7
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by seenett View Post
If the buyer does not have a "confirmed" address, it is really not a big deal. If the buyer files a claim with Paypal that they never received the item, and it was shipped to an unconfirmed address, Paypal might not mediate in your favor. Get the buyer to send you an email stating where to ship, then have a way to track the shipment and confirm delivery. That email and tracking record will help with any future mediation (should it become necessary).
Definitely get a phone number, especially if it is in Canada. Have the buyer call you that way you have their phone number. Ensure that they SIGN for the iPhone, that way they will require ID to match the name on the iPhone package that you ship to them. Also, insure the iPhone and charge that to the total handling and shipping price.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:40 AM   #8
gadgetgirl85
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to gadgetgirl85
I know this is slightly offtopic, but is another Paypal issue. I wonder why it takes so many days to clear funds paid to someones account
Old Jun 10, 2008, 09:47 AM   #9
tytanic11
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viccles View Post
I know this is slightly offtopic, but is another Paypal issue. I wonder why it takes so many days to clear funds paid to someones account
If funds don't clear right away, that payment probably involved an eCheck - which is just like a paper check in that it withdraws money from the sender's account and must be held until the sender's bank confirms that the funds are available and transfers them. If the sender used a credit card or their PayPal balance, the funds would clear instantly.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:44 PM   #10
lPHONE
Banned

https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/p...jobs@apple.com

You have to be logged in to use this service.
lPHONE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:37 AM   #11
ethical
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lPHONE View Post
https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/p...jobs@apple.com

You have to be logged in to use this service.
This threads a year and a half old... and your comment didn't make any sense....?
ethical is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion