Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jun 7, 2008, 03:41 PM   #1
c073186
macrumors 6502a

How do I make two images look like they were taken with the same camera?

Long title, sorry. So I have two images I want to merge but the thing is that one looks a little softer where as the other is very sharp and bright. What tools would I use to adjust the overall look of a layer to make it seem as though they were taken at the same time together? Shadows are not an issue in this case.
c073186 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:18 PM   #2
IgnatiusTheKing
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to IgnatiusTheKing Send a message via Skype™ to IgnatiusTheKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by c073186 View Post
Long title, sorry. So I have two images I want to merge but the thing is that one looks a little softer where as the other is very sharp and bright. What tools would I use to adjust the overall look of a layer to make it seem as though they were taken at the same time together? Shadows are not an issue in this case.
Make the sharp one match the soft one. There's likely little chance of getting them to match the other way around.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:02 AM   #3
leighonigar
macrumors 6502a

Colour, contrast etc will be all over the place. What are you using to make this merge?
leighonigar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 12:07 PM   #4
PkennethV
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to PkennethV Send a message via Skype™ to PkennethV
There's really no one do-it-all tool for this. It's probably going to be difficult unless you are familiar with a lot different tools and just eye out one by one what changes need to be made in order to get the two to match.

and perhaps putting up the two images would help as we may be able to make some suggestions.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 12:10 PM   #5
p.luik
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to p.luik
Photoshop would be helpful for this...

Here is a link to how to do it using photoshop.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/pho...photomerge.htm
p.luik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:52 PM   #6
McDughf
macrumors regular

What Apps Do You Have?

Hi,
Its A Little Difficult To Offer Advice As I'm Not Sure What Software Your System Is Running.
If You Have Shake, There Are Are Whole Host Of Nodes You Can Use, Such As ColourMatch, That Would Easily Accomplish All The Tasks You Mentioned. It Would Even Stitch The Pictures Together For You Automatically.
Shake Has Become Ridiculously Cheap Now, And Besides Video I Use It For Most Of The Tasks I Used To Send To Photoshop.
I'm Afraid I Can't Offer Any Other Tips On This.

Barney
McDughf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 05:41 PM   #7
Infrared
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by c073186 View Post
Curves and the unsharpen mask, maybe.
Hard to say without seeing the images.
Infrared is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 06:14 PM   #8
leighonigar
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDughf View Post
Hi,
Its A Little Difficult To Offer Advice As I'm Not Sure What Software Your System Is Running.
If You Have Shake, There Are Are Whole Host Of Nodes You Can Use, Such As ColourMatch, That Would Easily Accomplish All The Tasks You Mentioned. It Would Even Stitch The Pictures Together For You Automatically.
Shake Has Become Ridiculously Cheap Now, And Besides Video I Use It For Most Of The Tasks I Used To Send To Photoshop.
I'm Afraid I Can't Offer Any Other Tips On This.

Barney
I know 330 is cheap for what it is but it's unlikely he has Shake knocking around.

To the OP, do you have any experience with this kind of thing? Are you doing this to learn or do you need it done well? If the latter, get someone else to do it.
leighonigar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics