Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 2

Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:10 PM   #1
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Mio C230 GPS Nav 3.5" Text to Speech

eBay is the devil. Just thought I'd say that. Build an awesome listing and then it told me it was going to hold my money - **** that. I have 90 feedback and sold 15k last year. You aren't holding my money.

So, I'm going to offer it here! This is an awesome unit and has been great to me, but I'm going on the assumption the new iphone will negate its purpose.

It comes in the original box, has car mount, automotive power cable and GPS unit.

I'd like $130 shipped -> now dropped to $105 for this. -> now $95!

Quote:
Product Description
The Mio DigiWalker C230 is a stylish and pocket-sized navigation device equipped with updated, preloaded US maps on internal memory, plus text-to-speech voice prompts. The Digiwalker talks to you as you drive and lets you keep your eyes on the road. The turn-by-turn navigation uses street names and landmarks as well as distance measures, eliminating any possible confusion as to where to go. For example, instead of saying "Turn right in 200 feet," the Mio c230 will say "Turn right on Broadway in 200 feet." The C230 requires no additional map data, and it's ready to use right out of the box! Delivering incredible performance and an intuitive interface, the C230 is your ideal companion for the road ahead.Delivering incredible performance and an intuitive interface, the C230 is your ideal companion for the road ahead. Roughly 1 million preloaded businesses and landmarks allow you to search for nearby gas stations, restaurants and more USB 2.0 port On-board 1GB flash memory.

Product Features

* 3.5" touchscreen interface displays real-time maps and also travel status information (time of arrival, distance to destination and travel time)
* Pre-loaded maps of US (All 50 states and Puerto Rico)
* High quality, English language, Text-to-Speech
* Nearly 1 million Points of Interest (POI)
* Slim-edge form factor

Last edited by taylorwilsdon; Jun 26, 2008 at 02:20 PM.
taylorwilsdon is offline   0
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:19 PM   #2
techlover828
macrumors 68020

how does it work? I'm interested
techlover828 is offline   0
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:33 PM   #3
w8ing4intelmacs
macrumors 6502a

just in case people are wondering, taylorwilsdon is referring to this recent eBay development:
http://reviews.ebay.com/PayPal-2008-...00000005528443
w8ing4intelmacs is offline   0
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:45 PM   #4
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlover828 View Post
how does it work? I'm interested
I'm not sure I understand - its a standard GPS (but does have some nice features like TTS)

You enter the address and it tells you how to get there. Touchscreen, can be hacked very easily for games, music etc... Has a mount to attach it to your car windshield.

And yes, the ebay hold... I don't have 100 fdbk so I get a 21 day hold. Garbage
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:46 PM   #5
techlover828
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon View Post
I'm not sure I understand - its a standard GPS (but does have some nice features like TTS)

You enter the address and it tells you how to get there. Touchscreen, can be hacked very easily for games, music etc... Has a mount to attach it to your car windshield.

And yes, the ebay hold... I don't have 100 fdbk so I get a 21 day hold. Garbage
I'm sorry, I meant does it work well?
techlover828 is offline   0
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:48 PM   #6
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlover828 View Post
I'm sorry, I meant does it work well?
Whoops, misunderstood that one. Yeah, it works great. I even run my daily routes through it and it usually goes faster then the drives I've been doing for years.

Heres the amazon link (with lots of reviews)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VZ3ADS
Old Jun 8, 2008, 03:55 PM   #7
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

I'll include a brand new in package Kingston SD card to sweeten the deal.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:18 PM   #8
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Still available now that I know what the 3g iphone is packing
Old Jun 21, 2008, 04:24 PM   #9
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Drop to $105 shipped Thats a pretty big price drop.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:19 PM   #10
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Price dropped to $95.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 08:21 PM   #11
OrangeSVTguy
macrumors 601

I've been subscribed to this thread but lack the funds to make the purchase right now. Just wondering does this have a battery and how long does it last? How fast does it keep up with your current location? and you said you're including an extra SD card, what size and what can I load onto it, like all my favorites and such? I'd like to find another mount for it so I can install one in my work viehicle and the other in my personal viehicle. Thanks and sorry about all the questions
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:36 PM   #12
taylorwilsdon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSVTguy View Post
I've been subscribed to this thread but lack the funds to make the purchase right now. Just wondering does this have a battery and how long does it last? How fast does it keep up with your current location? and you said you're including an extra SD card, what size and what can I load onto it, like all my favorites and such? I'd like to find another mount for it so I can install one in my work viehicle and the other in my personal viehicle. Thanks and sorry about all the questions
Yes, its got a battery and I really only charge it when I'm not using it. Its got great life. I've heard estimates of 4 hours of live tracking / many weeks of sleeping. Also includes a car charger so its not really an issue either way. The SD card is 1gb and you can put music, new maps, POI's etc on it. Mounts shouldn't be too hard to find, maybe generic/aftermarket ones.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 2