Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jun 8, 2008, 01:05 AM   #1
f1vespeed
macrumors newbie

Here's to the Crazy Ones

My friend and I were discussing this, being so near another Stevenote...
We're two smart 20 year olds who didn't reach their fullest in high school, and we both ended up in a Junior College called DeAnza, those of you familiar with the valley know it as being really close to Apple Campus in Cupertino...
We screwed up pretty bad in high school. We were depressed kids, we didn't get a lot of things we wanted, and we sat around wishing we had them and not doing much else. So everybody went off to good colleges, and we ended up at a Junior College.
But our love for computing, electronics, and gadgets, which brought us together, sustained us through the miserable 2 years at a crummy school full of people trying to get a second chance- mostly older people and burnouts aka "bad kids". We always had something to talk about passionately, living in our worlds where nothing seemed our domain yet. We always could have an opinion, we could argue with gut feeling and a thorough knowledge of the subject. It brought us to life, it sustained us, it kept us going, and it showed us the path to our future careers because when everything else around us bored us, electronics could show us who we were and see our potential. This is all mostly due to the exciting stuff that apple did.

And coming up on another keynote, we're holding our breath. Its really some strange happy feeling. It'll be our last one before we go off to separate colleges (really good UCs), and go our ways. What apple does has really helped us get here.
f1vespeed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 01:13 AM   #2
albinoAZN
macrumors regular

lol, that's my story except I got into a Uni, and am not going to junior / community college.

This seems kind of a random topic, though.
albinoAZN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 01:48 AM   #3
Angels&Airwaves
macrumors member

at first i thought this thread was about the writing on the textedit icon (turn on coverflow view and make the textedit icon larger to read if you dont know what im talking about). cool story though
Angels&Airwaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:16 AM   #4
iSaint
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to iSaint
Good story from good inspiration. Being different is being yourself.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion