Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:20 PM   #1
STC
macrumors 6502

Deleting wifi networks?

Guys, I stayed at a hotel and was using their wifi. I will not be going back here anytime soon. Is there an option to delete the hotels wifi network like I can delete networks in windows?

I done see an option for this in the safari settings.
STC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Van Wildonher
macrumors 6502a

It still shows up where there is no signal?
Van Wildonher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:35 PM   #3
jimishjoban
macrumors member

Yes.. You can do it.. Go to Settings... Then Wi-Fi... There you will see that network name... touch the small arrow on right hand side... you will get details about the network... on top of that page.. you will have "Forget this network"

However, as far as I know Iphone never try to show used networks not in range...
jimishjoban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:54 PM   #4
STC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimishjoban View Post
Yes.. You can do it.. Go to Settings... Then Wi-Fi... There you will see that network name... touch the small arrow on right hand side... you will get details about the network... on top of that page.. you will have "Forget this network"

However, as far as I know Iphone never try to show used networks not in range...
Sorry maybe I worded wrong, I can't see the hotels network, but in windows I can delete networks I won't be using or don't want anymore under wifi properties. I was curious if there's something like this on the iPhone.
STC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 04:06 PM   #5
Nipz
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimishjoban View Post

This is the way to get rid of the network. If you want it again you have to be in range and then select it again
Old Jun 8, 2008, 06:35 PM   #6
msmith2112
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (8Gb iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm pretty sure v2 will have this option.
msmith2112 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 07:07 PM   #7
PoitNarf
macrumors 65816

There's really no reason to delete it, everything will work fine with those extra known networks.
PoitNarf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:21 AM   #8
breakfast
macrumors member

Has this feature become available in the meantime?

Can you delete Wifi settings, like passcode or just everything about a previous network setup when the network itself is no longer available, i.e. does not appear on the list of networks anymore? How?

Many thanks.
breakfast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 03:34 AM   #9
MaAjCn
macrumors newbie

For an iPhone iOS 5.1 does Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings, achieve the desired result? Although removes all Wifi Profiles.
MaAjCn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 03:40 AM   #10
svenn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaAjCn View Post
For an iPhone iOS 5.1 does Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings, achieve the desired result? Although removes all Wifi Profiles.
I hope he figured it out some time in the last 4 years but yes it does remove all wifi info
svenn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting