Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:31 PM   #76
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I am pissed. As Rage has not been released, we purchased Red Faction:Armageddon which clearly states on the box offline coop in green. Bullxxxx! There is no offline coop. Is there something I'm not understanding about xbox game markings? $60 is too much to spend on a mistake.
In the EU false advertising is illegal, hopefully it is in the US too... take it back!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:23 PM   #77
StruckANerve
macrumors 6502

Been playing Toy Soldiers: Cold War and it is awesome. It's a really fun strategy game. It pays homage to 80's action flicks kinda. You even get to play as a Rambo type character that screams and yells like Stallone did in the movies while he shoots rockets in one arm and a machine gun in the other arm.
StruckANerve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:46 PM   #78
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckANerve View Post
Been playing Toy Soldiers: Cold War and it is awesome. It's a really fun strategy game. It pays homage to 80's action flicks kinda. You even get to play as a Rambo type character that screams and yells like Stallone did in the movies while he shoots rockets in one arm and a machine gun in the other arm.

Toy Soldiers is quite good imo. Outstanding for an indie game.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:05 AM   #79
Huntn
macrumors 604

Gears of Wars 3- thumbs up for Coop!

Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:31 AM   #80
dolphin842
macrumors 65816

Two more co-op arcade games:

Radiant Silvergun: Treasure's vertical shooter for the Saturn, supports 2-player co-op. The game is pretty unforgiving, so it's best to get some play time in to get extra credits or unlock free play before grabbing a friend. If you're looking for something a bit more accessible and polished, grab Ikaruga instead (it's also cheaper!).

Guardian Heroes: Another Treasure game ported from the Saturn, this time with updated graphics and art. It's a side-scrolling beat-em-up/action-rpg crossover, but the controls are more reminiscent of Street Fighter than other games in the genre. Average playthrough is ~45 minutes, but the game has branching paths and 30 stages in total, so for $10 it has a good bit of replay value. The story mode supports 2-players while the (nominally interesting) arena mode supports 12 players over Live. Here's a review from Co-optimus.

Finally, I can't believe we didn't mention the Portal 2 co-op mode yet. Not that much replay value perhaps, but still a fun adventure.

Last edited by dolphin842; Dec 30, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
dolphin842 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:29 PM   #81
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin842 View Post
Two more co-op arcade games:

Radiant Silvergun: Treasure's vertical shooter for the Saturn, supports 2-player co-op. The game is pretty unforgiving, so it's best to get some play time in to get extra credits or unlock free play before grabbing a friend. If you're looking for something a bit more accessible and polished, grab Ikaruga instead (it's also cheaper!).

Guardian Heroes: Another Treasure game ported from the Saturn, this time with updated graphics and art. It's a side-scrolling beat-em-up/action-rpg crossover, but the controls are more reminiscent of Street Fighter than other games in the genre. Average playthrough is ~45 minutes, but the game has branching paths and 30 stages in total, so for $10 it has a good bit of replay value. The story mode supports 2-players while the (nominally interesting) arena mode supports 12 players over Live. Here's a review from Co-optimus.

Finally, I can't believe we didn't mention the Portal 2 co-op mode yet. Not that much replay value perhaps, but still a fun adventure.
I realize it's been 6 months since you posted this, but thanks! I am currently looking for something new to play xbox, splitscreen coop. I'll check these out.

Anyone satisfied with Portal 2 coop? Just curious. I played through Portal 1 solo and found it to be very fun.

And how about Aliens:Colonial Marines. Anyone get into this? (Doh... not released yet.) Ok, anticipating this?
Thanks!

Last edited by Huntn; Jul 3, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 01:19 PM   #82
dolphin842
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I realize it's been 6 months since you posted this, but thanks! I am currently looking for something new to play xbox, splitscreen coop. I'll check these out.

Anyone satisfied with Portal 2 coop? Just curious. I played through Portal 1 solo and found it to be very fun.
I played through Portal 2 coop with a friend last year. As someone who was familiar with the Portal franchise but had never played it before, it was quite enjoyable. GlaDOS has a full stable of coop-specific quips and remarks.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:09 PM   #83
Huntn
macrumors 604

Portal 2- Thumbs Up for coop!

Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:03 PM   #84
dolphin842
macrumors 65816

So the Scott Pilgrim Xbox Live Arcade game will get online co-op as a $5 DLC sometime in the fall. Granted, the game is two years old already, but it should be fun to play it online in the future.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:43 AM   #85
Huntn
macrumors 604

It's been a while. What's been happening with console coop action? It seems to me that most game developers are too lazy to put in coop these days, but sometimes you can find something decent or even good. Most likely I'll be buying Halo 4 in the near future. Are there any other good new titles out there, maybe a fantasy based RPG?

Last edited by Huntn; Nov 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:31 PM   #86
kingc0bra
macrumors member

http://www.co-optimus.com/

Your answers are all in there, you're welcome
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:49 PM   #87
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingc0bra View Post
http://www.co-optimus.com/

Your answers are all in there, you're welcome
Thanks. I frequent it often, but that is not mining the wealth of MacRumors knowledge and opinion.

Just finished Halo4. I still remember the "bye, bye, it's been one hell of a ride!", message from Halo Reach, lol. This installment represented good ole Halo coop play. A decent story, decent scenarios, but nothing really new. Still fun to play coop. There was not really a boss end fight, just a long gauntlet to pass through. I'm now waiting for Halo 5.

Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:45 PM   #88
Huntn
macrumors 604

I know I said this, maybe in the BL2 Thread, but BL2 is growing on me for coop adventuring.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:41 AM   #89
superthingies
macrumors newbie

vile xbox user

hi there all i have a person on xbox live who is very vile i had a friend who not long jus got over cancer and this person HawkesBLAD sent this text message via xbox live (i hope some1 in your family has cancer and dies) please help me get him banned he dont deserve xbox live
superthingies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:14 AM   #90
Huntn
macrumors 604

Thumb resize.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is nearing release. It has 2 player off line coop, always a plus although a blurb in a recent PCGamer was not impressed with the game. See my post in the Aliens:Colonial Marines thread.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:08 PM   #91
dolphin842
macrumors 65816

I played a bit of Minecraft on the 360 and it seemed pretty well adapted to controller play.... has split-screen co-op too.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:38 PM   #92
Lark.Landon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by superthingies View Post
hi there all i have a person on xbox live who is very vile i had a friend who not long jus got over cancer and this person HawkesBLAD sent this text message via xbox live (i hope some1 in your family has cancer and dies) please help me get him banned he dont deserve xbox live
Dude just ignore the guy. Yes your friend had cancer, but they just went through treatment and they're okay now, right? He's just trolling you. The best way to respond to trolling is to ignore it.
Lark.Landon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games