Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:09 PM   #1
crotalus99
macrumors regular

TV Shows order on ATV

Hi,

I have begun putting my tv shows into iTunes. Everything is fine there I believe, but when it shows up on atv they are listed in reverse order for the series (i.e. 12, 11, 10, .. etc).

Any idea how the fix this?

thanks
Old Jun 8, 2008, 11:20 PM   #2
rick6502
macrumors member

It bugs me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalus99 View Post
Hi,

I have begun putting my tv shows into iTunes. Everything is fine there I believe, but when it shows up on atv they are listed in reverse order for the series (i.e. 12, 11, 10, .. etc).

thanks
I haven't found a way yet, but really I don't notice it anymore. It's all in your perspective of the way things should be sorted. New things are at the top, old things at the bottom. It does make a certain kind of sense if you had watched them all and were waiting for a new episode to arrive.
rick6502 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 09:21 AM   #3
crotalus99
macrumors regular

Thanks,

You saved me hours trying to fix it. I guess your right about it, just when you do a whole season at once it looks wrong..
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:02 AM   #4
mallbritton
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalus99 View Post
Hi,

thanks
This is one of my small complaints about the TV. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to "fix" this (because it is working the way it was designed to work) unless you want to number the episodes incorrectly. For example you could number them in reverse order then they would show up in the "correct" order. Hopefully Apple will eventually give us the option to sort TV episodes the way we want.

Regards,
Michael
mallbritton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:38 PM   #5
afd
macrumors 6502a

I can't work out how the Apple TV sorts shows, Dr. Who, that I recorded via EyeTV shows in the correct order on both Apple TV and iTunes, but 24, bought off itiunes, shows reverse on Apple TV and correct on itunes. Have looked at the sorting tab, but can't figure that out either....
afd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 07:29 PM   #6
bacaramac
macrumors 65816

Under Video on the Get info section, I put episode ID and # as the 1 for example for the first episode. I have Dexter and it sorts this correctly for me.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater