Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Shortly after the Quicktime 7.5 upgrade, Apple has also released updates for iMovie (7.1.2) and iDVD (7.0.2). Both updates require Quicktime 7.5 to be installed first.

The updates are both described to address general compatibility issues, improve overall stability, and address a number of other minor issues.

Article Link

H$R

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
Switzerland
Cool, keep the updates coming Apple. Waiting for iTunes 7.7. Though I don't know why..I already have everything I need in iTunes 7.6.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
That's weird. I only get the update for iDVD. I have iMovie installed and its at 7.1.1. Why is this?

Is this because I have iMovie HD installed too?

EDIT: When I go to iMovie and check for updates, it says iMovie 7.1.1 is the current version...

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it seems that iMovie was in another stack called Favorites and not in the Applications folder. I movied it to the Applications folder and the update was there.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I love Apple events like WWDC and MacWorld. There are always a ton of updates associated with them.

ZacUSNYR

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
On a serious note, I just played a DVD with my MacBook 2.2 with 4GB ram and didn't get a kernel panic.

chopdog

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
but still no HD ?

What's the point in updating iMovie and not enabling a 5th type of video export : AppleTV (HD)

It seems bizarre that you can import HD material but have no way of EASILY exporting to AppleTV in glorious HD.

When I plug my camera into the TV using HDMI, the quality is outstanding. Edit it in iMovie and it comes out looking like mush.

GGGRRRRRRRRR

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
By George, yes, yes it does!!!

Yes, by Geeves, it DOES indeed seem snappier!!!

What's the point in updating iMovie and not enabling a 5th type of video export : AppleTV (HD)

It seems bizarre that you can import HD material but have no way of EASILY exporting to AppleTV in glorious HD.

When I plug my camera into the TV using HDMI, the quality is outstanding. Edit it in iMovie and it comes out looking like mush.

GGGRRRRRRRRR

This looks like the a job for Final Cut Pro

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
I wish office 2008 would feel snappier once in a while.... :rolleyes:

Not during this decade. Try turning off WYSIWYG in the General Preferences of Word, and it opens slightly faster. The day Office opens and responds as quickly as TextEdit will be the day it is rewritten from Carbon to Cocoa, and that won't happen anytime soon.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I just found a new thing that wasn't in 7.1.1. I can now use my Casio Exilim EX-V8 with iMovie. For some reason Casio uses H.264/WAV for most of their cameras instead of AAC. It seems like a mismatch of codecs. Anyway, it works now. I'll try an AVI in a minute.

Edit: Holy ShNike! An AVI actually worked! Could it possibly be that I have QT Pro? I'll try deactivating it to find out.
Edit #2: Amazing! I disabled QT Pro and it still worked! This opens up iMovie to a bazillion more cameras. Get the word out. Converting videos is done away with!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/498067/ Please post in this thread if your camera now works with iMovie.

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
I just found a new thing that wasn't in 7.1.1. I can now use my Casio Exilim EX-V8 with iMovie. For some reason Casio uses H.264/WAV for most of their cameras instead of AAC. It seems like a mismatch of codecs. Anyway, it works now. I'll try an AVI in a minute.

Edit: Holy ShNike! An AVI actually worked! Could it possibly be that I have QT Pro? I'll try deactivating it to find out.
Edit #2: Amazing! I disabled QT Pro and it still worked! This opens up iMovie to a bazillion more cameras. Get the word out. Converting videos is done away with!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/498067/ Please post in this thread if your camera now works with iMovie.

No more need for Perian?
At work and can't test it. :(

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.

Use the "Export using Quicktime..." option to set the size and other attributes to your desires. See my iMovie Export Guide to get kick started. It is easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.