Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 10, 2008, 06:17 PM   #1
ChocIce
macrumors newbie

Get my Mac iPod music onto a Windows computer?

I've been searching for quite a while all over the web and am more confused than ever so I thought I'd ask this question for myself.

I have a Mac-formatted iPod with music that I'd like to transfer to a Windows computer. What is the best and easiest way to do this? I do not want to reformat the iPod for a PC or do anything else. I just want to get the music on my Windows machine.

Also, I have an external hard drive that I backup via Time Machine. Is it possible to simply plug the hard drive into the USB port on the Windows machine, locate the iTunes music files, and then copy them to Windows? Does using Time Machine make this difficult?

Thank you so much!
ChocIce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 07:28 PM   #2
marioman38
macrumors 6502a

Windows by itself cannot read the HSF+ file format of Mac disks... Try MacDrive 7 for HSF+ readibility, including HSF+ iPods

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/
marioman38 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:21 PM   #3
ChocIce
macrumors newbie

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:22 AM   #4
ChocIce
macrumors newbie

OK, now that I've actually tried it, I have another question. MacDrive is installed on the Windows machine and recognizes the Mac iPod when plugged in. I can play the iPod songs through iTunes on the Windows computer, but can't locate the files to copy them to the Windows machine. Do I need to click "enable disk mode" on my Mac iTunes? Now I have it so I'm manually managing my music.

Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2008, 05:34 PM   #5
lisamel
macrumors regular

This might be a stupid suggestion, but cant you use Music Rescue to get all the files on to mac and put them on a USB drive?
lisamel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod