Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChocIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I've been searching for quite a while all over the web and am more confused than ever so I thought I'd ask this question for myself.

I have a Mac-formatted iPod with music that I'd like to transfer to a Windows computer. What is the best and easiest way to do this? I do not want to reformat the iPod for a PC or do anything else. I just want to get the music on my Windows machine.

Also, I have an external hard drive that I backup via Time Machine. Is it possible to simply plug the hard drive into the USB port on the Windows machine, locate the iTunes music files, and then copy them to Windows? Does using Time Machine make this difficult?

Thank you so much!

ChocIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
OK, now that I've actually tried it, I have another question. MacDrive is installed on the Windows machine and recognizes the Mac iPod when plugged in. I can play the iPod songs through iTunes on the Windows computer, but can't locate the files to copy them to the Windows machine. Do I need to click "enable disk mode" on my Mac iTunes? Now I have it so I'm manually managing my music.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.