Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jun 12, 2008, 07:46 AM   #1
davethewave
macrumors member

ADC Monthly Mailing

Hi guys!
I'll like to start coding in cocoa/ObjC and I've just now seen here that there is a new (for me) kind of adc membership.
while I'm not a student ADC student is a no-go, and ADC Select seems an overkill for me.
Anyone can tell me what kind of stuff apple send with this adc mailing membership? manuals, learning videos maybe, tutorials?
thanks for your help, bye
DaVe
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Cromulent
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethewave View Post
Hi guys!
I'll like to start coding in cocoa/ObjC and I've just now seen here that there is a new (for me) kind of adc membership.
while I'm not a student ADC student is a no-go, and ADC Select seems an overkill for me.
Anyone can tell me what kind of stuff apple send with this adc mailing membership? manuals, learning videos maybe, tutorials?
thanks for your help, bye
DaVe
I doubt it would be anything you would benefit from as a beginner. I'd recommend just sticking to a few books, you'll get more out of it that way.
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:54 PM   #3
foidulus
macrumors 6502a

Isn't most of that information free online anyway? Nice to have a print copy I suppose, but not $200 nice....
foidulus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:30 PM   #4
szymczyk
macrumors regular

I had the mailing a few years ago. The best thing you get are operating system updates. If you had the mailing in October, you would have gotten a copy of Leopard. Other things that are in the ADC mailing are developer tools, SDKs, documentation and sample code.

The mailing isn't too useful if you have a broadband Internet connection because most of the stuff in the mailing is available on Apple's developer site. But if you're stuck with a dial-up connection, the mailing helps because you don't have to download updates to Xcode and Mac OS X.
szymczyk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 03:41 PM   #5
davethewave
macrumors member

thank you! i will try with some real books
bye DaVe

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming