Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 12, 2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Mrbill317
macrumors regular

I have the portable , desktop, service and support exams done.
I really wanted to take a shot at the server test.

How hard is it? I would take the one for 10.5 , I do have the Osbourne Mac Training Series OSX Server essentials book.

thx

45 views and no response. Has anyone taken this test?

Last edited by yellow; Jun 13, 2008 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Merged contiguous posts.
Mrbill317 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:50 PM   #2
farbeyond
macrumors newbie

I just started studying for the 10.5 exam, I'm using the "Apple Training Series Mac OSX Server Essentials 2nd Edition" book by Peachpit"...

I'm just waiting to get a Mac Mini so I can do some of the practical stuff. If only VMWARE would pull their fingers out and release Fusion with support for OS X Server
Old Jun 12, 2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Judo
macrumors regular

I've been told it's the hardest exam they offer

I did a 3 day Apple course for the exam but knew I would not have the knowledge to pass so I still haven't done it yet.

I'm sure if you have a decent background knowledge (Users and groups, permissions, networking, services, etc, etc) and put enough study in you should be fine though.
Judo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:35 AM   #4

Leopard server certs

Yeh I am currently going through the book and the lynda.com videos pretty good so far, but I got a couple xserve's spare to follow the guides on.. you can use parallels server to VM leopard server there is a beta out there.
127079 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:33 AM   #5
yellow

It was harder than I thought.
I studied, but not enough. I mean, I passed, but definitely could have studied more.
The book should be enough (coupled with practical experience), but make sure you read it cover to cover.
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:15 PM   #6
Sky Blue
macrumors 604

The server exam is straight forward if you use OS X Server. It'll be easier than you think it is.

There's a thread on general Apple Certs here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=436431
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking