Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plumosa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Australia
I have a 12 inch powerbook g4, 1.33 ghz, 60 gb hdd, running 10.4.11

I ran apple v and right before the panic: we are hanging here is this:

Darwin Kernal Version 8.11.0: Wed Oct 10 18:26:00 PDT 2007, root:znu-792.24.17 (squiggle) 1/RELEASE PPC

The biggest problem about getting anything fixed is that I am currently in Hungary and have no access to my 10.4 disc or any apple facilities (I am not in Budapest)

The kernal panic is happening as soon as I start up the computer. I did manage to get it to go through once and when it did, the airport wireless was missing. I do not know if this is related.

please help I have an alternative computer at the school I am staying at, but in a week I will be traveling alone without access and I really need to be able to contact hosts (I am couch surfing)

thanks
-megan

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
I have a similar problem on my PowerBook G4... it likes to kernel panic a lot when it boots and freeze when it wakes from sleep. The closest way I've come to solving it is to reset the PMU (hold down the power button until the computer makes a loud noise and the sleep light flashes).

misterredman

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2007
well that worked for the kernal panic, but now that I am actually back into my computer, the airport hardware is still missing. wah.

I tried everything in this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/173155/

but nothing worked.

You model doesn't have the small port for the airport cart in the battery compartment, right? I have read some owner resolved the problem by re-sitting the card but if it's built in it may be a long job to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.