Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:31 AM   #176
OREO.Ariel
macrumors newbie

how's this one?

Last edited by OREO.Ariel; Jul 21, 2008 at 12:52 AM.
OREO.Ariel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:39 AM   #177
dlamin517
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREO.Ariel View Post
how's this one?
hahahahahah that looks so stupid. im assuming that was a joke right?
dlamin517 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:47 AM   #178
phorcys
macrumors newbie

I'm in publishing so I love the fact that these are called "CMYK"
http://kitsunenoir.com/blog/2007/11/...iphone-covers/

but Vaja's ivolution is one of the most attractive ones I've seen:
http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html

Hate most silicone and clear cases...it's like showering in a raincoat.
phorcys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:20 AM   #179
twynne
macrumors 6502a

Not wanting to get into comparisons of GA vs IS vs BG here, but I'd like to know if anyone can absolutely confirm if the Ghost Armor:

1) Has a single back piece that covers the bezel on the 3G iPhone
-or-
2) Has separate bezel pieces

Basically I don't want the bezel covered as I think it tends to look terrible. Most of the shield products cover it part way and that looks even worse.

I really only want a shield to protect the back. When I'm doing anything more active I'll use a silicon or leather case over the top.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by twynne; Jul 16, 2008 at 04:28 AM.
twynne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:26 AM   #180
pj rage
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappygoLucky View Post
Ok so I was online and googled ghost armor to show my buddies how cool this stuff is and the second thing i see on google is ghost armor sucks???? I think not!! I will be quick to jump to there defense because I have had it on my Ipod Touch 16Gb for 4 Months and it is brand spankin new! Here are some pics of it. I dont understand how you could possibly hate on this product? I absolutley love it!
Based on that bottom left photo, there does seem to be more orange peel that I thought / hoped for, but still doesn't look as bad as IS.

I think I need to see these skins in person to get a true feel for them.
pj rage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:41 AM   #181
coffee58
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyripkin View Post
Just got back from the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL and have pics of the Agent 18 Clear case. I went with this one because it can dock in the universal dock using the supplied dock adapter and still shows off my white beauty.
How is this case working out for you so far? I'm a huge fan of Agent 18, but have only had the EcoShield so I'm wondering how this fits the 3G. I'm trying to justify spending $37.00 after shipping on a case that I've not seen in action. Also, if anyone out there has an Agent 18 promo code for the iPhone cases it would be awesome if you would post it.
coffee58 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:47 AM   #182
malencar
macrumors newbie

Can't believe I'm the only one with this case here!

I ordered it from the Apple Store and got it three days ago and have been using it since. It replaced an Agent18 (black) that I really didn't like. It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

malencar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:49 AM   #183
coffee58
macrumors newbie

Seems like you're the first one with anything different. At least you got it pretty quick. My apple store here in Nashville doesn't really have anything in stock so for now mine's running around naked....Kinda like it though.

Last edited by coffee58; Jul 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM.
coffee58 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 12:16 PM   #184
norcio
macrumors newbie

https://www.gelaskins.com/skins.php?Skin=38&Category=25

Just ordered a Gelaskin. I have one on my MBP and I love it. I'm not expecting this to really protect my 3G from falls or any serious damage, just to keep it from sliding around on my car's center console, and to give it a fresh look. It will also prevent the back from getting all scratched up over time, so that's a plus. As for the front, I'm keeping it naked. I've read a lot about good experiences with no protection so I'm goine to give it a shot

I'll post an update when it comes in the mail and I install it.
norcio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 12:27 PM   #185
luckygyrl83
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to luckygyrl83 Send a message via Yahoo to luckygyrl83
Quote:
Originally Posted by malencar View Post
I ordered it from the Apple Store and got it three days ago and have been using it since. It replaced an Agent18 (black) that I really didn't like. It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.
Too bad they didnt have that at the actual store when the ipone came out. I want a new case soooo bad. This belkin rubber crap is driving me crazy...

Solving all of my Apple issues at MROOGLE
luckygyrl83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 04:06 PM   #186
IP3G
macrumors newbie

What i plan on doing is getting a screen protector either bodyguardz or ghost armor (front only) and keeping it inside a case-mate naked for the 3g. Do you guys think this will interfear with the touch screen's performance?
IP3G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 04:35 PM   #187
accord08
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I just ordered this case and am waiting for it to get delivered. Does it have a rubbery feel to it even though it's hard case? Or does it feel like the back of the phone itself (i.e. true hard plastic)? I don't like the rubbery feel to some griffin cases and I may return this one if it feels the same way.
accord08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:07 AM   #188
btcutter
macrumors 6502

Just got the Agent 18 clear case with Power Crystal Film on front. Love it.

I want to show my white 16gb phone as much as possible.

Contour flick white doesn't look as look as I thought i would.
btcutter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 05:01 PM   #189
transitatro54
macrumors newbie

How well does the Agent 18 case protect it from drops?
transitatro54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:12 PM   #190
b8b
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Tuesday View Post
Ill be going with the invisi-shield from invisibleshield.com.
I just finished installing it... I had a lot of trouble with the back, so I gave up on that, and I think I got some tiny specks of lint on the front, so it doesn't look perfect - that combined with the eggshell texture and I'm hating it (for some reason, I didn't mind it as much on my original iPhone). Not sure what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles058 View Post
Ok everybody Ive had it with the "who has the better case talk it has gone on to long" so this is what I did. I bought an Apple Iphone Full Body Kit from all 3 of the top film manufactures and tried each for 2 weeks and this is what I found out :
Did you really buy all those? I am having trouble deciding which one and price is a factor (it's not that I can't afford it, it's that I don't). Seems like a lot to spend. With all that research, pictures would have been good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeman View Post
Should i get invisibleSHIELD or ghost armor? Which one do you guys think is better??
I wish there was a forum with a vote so we could view a lot of opinions easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj rage View Post
Like everyone else, I'm in the market for a case/protection for my new iphone 3g.

I've ordered the ghost-armor based on some reviews here and on some blackberry forums. I liked the pictures posted here. There isn't nearly as much orange peel or noticeable texture as the invisible shield. That orange peel would drive me absolutely nuts, but maybe I'm just more sensitive to it.

I'll let you guys know how the ghost armor works out after I get it. I'm thinking that if the screen portion doesn't work out well for me, I'll probably take that part off and go with the Power Support Crystal Film. Or if the whole thing sucks, I'll try the BSE next.
Please let us know your opinion. I am very sensative too and don't like the IS orange peel look. The Power Support Crystal Film is almost $23 just for the front after shipping - can this be purchased in stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles058 View Post
! I think this might be cooler then any film. Except its bulky but still texting underwater with your Iphone!? Haha just imagine. go here to check it out www.otterbox.com
Thanks for showing that! It would be great for swim workouts!! I have already inquired about a 3G version

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagain View Post
Seriously, I strongly recommend the Power Support Crystal Shield from Apple. Or Power Support directly.
I am leaning in this direction, it even comes with a cleaning film to make sure the dust is all gone (I cleaned so thoroughly before applying IS and didn't see a think, but there's stuff under it and it's difficult to remove once it is there, very frustrating). Where can one get this cost effectively?
b8b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:42 PM   #191
thornguy
macrumors regular

Anyone know of a case for the 3G like the DLO that holds the headphones on the back?

Anyone have that or a similar case? Wondering if it makes it too big for a pocket?

Don't want a clip or slip case.
thornguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:07 PM   #192
Sweetbike40
macrumors 65816

I love these kinds of cases.
I ordered this one:
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...ion_id=9596537

I may get a Naked case too.
iPhone 4
Sweetbike40 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:17 PM   #193
OREO.Ariel
macrumors newbie

jelly iphone3G case

.............i post again.....

Last edited by OREO.Ariel; Jul 21, 2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:23 PM   #194
automatickyle
macrumors regular

Thats a nice sock for it. I might get one of those until I really find a case that I want to go with.
automatickyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:23 PM   #195
Sweetbike40
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcio View Post
https://www.gelaskins.com/skins.php?Skin=38&Category=25

Just ordered a Gelaskin. I have one on my MBP and I love it. I'm not expecting this to really protect my 3G from falls or any serious damage, just to keep it from sliding around on my car's center console, and to give it a fresh look. It will also prevent the back from getting all scratched up over time, so that's a plus. As for the front, I'm keeping it naked. I've read a lot about good experiences with no protection so I'm goine to give it a shot

I'll post an update when it comes in the mail and I install it.
I'm kinda liking these. At first (a few days ago, it wasn't even something i'd consider) but after walking around nyc today, i kind of felt like a target with my new iPhone. I almost feel like i should cover it up a bit. They stand out. I spotted someone from in the car just walking across the street with one.
iPhone 4
Sweetbike40 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:23 PM   #196
automatickyle
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREO.Ariel View Post
I just got new iphone3G case
this color likes jelly.....
yuMMMMMM.....

Pics aren't showing up.
automatickyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:39 PM   #197
AC Rempt
macrumors 6502

I bought the Contour Flick, and I don't like it. In less than two days, the back of the case is getting all scratched up, and while I like the flicking open of the bottom for docking, it leaves the bottom of the iPhone unprotected.

After looking at malencar's Nu Form pics, I went for the black model, and it should be here by next week. This will be my 3rd case! And I still need a car charger.

Oy, upgrading.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:50 PM   #198
Neo110503
macrumors regular

Quote:

Looks kind of like the incase slider. I don't think they have theirs out for the 3g but i like the way it looked on the original. Nice find
Neo110503 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:55 AM   #199
OREO.Ariel
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb jelly iphone3G case

I just got new iphone 3G case
this one called Bubble ~~~~
the color likes jelly~~yummmmmmmm!!

Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:09 AM   #200
slapppy
macrumors 65816

The best for protecting and looking good is the Capsule from Switcheasy. I'll wait for their 3g version and get it. It doesn't scratch the chrome bezel like these crystal cases. Dropping it ( it will happen ) is not a problem with these guys. The iPhone will survive without a scratch with this on.
slapppy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories