Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
US
Just was wondering what cases you guys (and girls) are planning on getting for your new 3g iPhone? I kinda don't want to get a case because I don't want it getting to bulky and I wanna show off the sexy looks of it, but then again getting it all dirty and scratched up would be worse. So what do you plan on getting or are you keeping yours "naked" as well?

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
Mine will be naked. Apple are brilliant at making sexy looking products and it seems a shame to cover them up with some crappy looking case.

I've never dropped my iPhone so I don't think slipping will be an issue.
As for scratching, I don't see it being a problem.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
I've used a silicon case with screen protector for my iPod, but every time I take it out of the case it feels so much thinner/better.

I am getting at least a screen protector for my iPhone. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to get a silicon case or just a protective film all around.

Anyone have experience with protective film for iPods and iPhones? Since they are pretty much just clear stickers, do they easily start to peel off from use and wear?

Hockey man

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
I will be getting this bad boy....

http://www.iskin.com/fuze_overview.html

It is called the iSkin Fuze. I think it is pretty sweet looking, and has all of the features I want in a case. Hard outer shell with ruberized finish. Soft shock absorbing layer. Anti-fingerprint, anti-glare, touch friendly, no glue screen protector. See through sensor area. Covered controls and docking port. Does not add that much bulk to the iPhone. Now that the iPhone 3g will be thinner, I wont mind adding a little bulk to the phone.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
I'll use the InvisibleShield from BestSkinsEver for the new 3g. I've had it on my "old" iPhone and I'm so happy with it. I didn't want the skin to change the size and design of the iphone, but wanted to protect it from scratches and color from my jeans :)

evilboy

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2007
I totally do not understand people who put cases filters and other crappy stuff on their gadgets. It completely defeats the purpose!! Why would you put some crap on your well designed and built device? You pay money to get the filling of aluminum or other nice iphone shiny materials, and to see its beauty as it is, not to spend more money to hide it in some sort of condoms. Will get scratched sooner or later? so what - that is the way it is. Do people who puts this stuff take it off in the evenings at some super safe location to admire build quality and not yet scratched device? Apple did not put anti scratch ******** in the factory, neither you get this stuff in the box, there must be a reason don't you think so? Just enjoy your iphone don't put crap on it :)

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
I totally do not understand people who put cases filters and other crappy stuff on their gadgets. It completely defeats the purpose!! Why would you put some crap on your well designed and built device? You pay money to get the filling of aluminum or other nice iphone shiny materials, and to see its beauty as it is, not to spend more money to hide it in some sort of condoms. Will get scratched sooner or later? so what - that is the way it is. Do people who puts this stuff take it off in the evenings at some super safe location to admire build quality and not yet scratched device? Apple did not put anti scratch ******** in the factory, neither you get this stuff in the box, there must be a reason don't you think so? Just enjoy your iphone don't put crap on it :)

So because the company didn't put it on, you shouldn't want it?

Thats very interesting. Do you use your computers with only preinstalled software? Didn't think so.

evilboy

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2007
So because the company didn't put it on, you shouldn't want it?

Thats very interesting. Do you use your computers with only preinstalled software? Didn't think so.

Am not talking about installing apps on your iphone. I don't use only preinstalled software on my computer of course.... and I don't use keyboard covers, screen protectors and other crap.

When do you guys enjoy your device? do you remove covers for the night or what?

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Am not talking about installing apps on your iphone. I don't use only preinstalled software on my computer of course.... and I don't use keyboard covers, screen protectors and other crap.

When do you guys enjoy your device? do you remove covers for the night or what?

Its not a big deal if some want to use covers -- most do it to protect their investment. For suce an expensive device, a cover is a good idea to protect it from drops and everyday use.

No big deal bro.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I totally do not understand people who put cases filters and other crappy stuff on their gadgets.

I look at it as the same thing as waxing my autos. I do this to keep it from fading and buffing out scratches whenever possible.

I am hoping for the Speck Holster Pro like I am using now on a gen 1 iPhone.

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/holster-pro/iphone/27

I do this so I can dock it without issues and carry it on my belt at Work. Oh, and I use the screen protector that the Apple store carries.

nicpec

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
I've used a silicon case with screen protector for my iPod, but every time I take it out of the case it feels so much thinner/better.

I am getting at least a screen protector for my iPhone. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to get a silicon case or just a protective film all around.

Anyone have experience with protective film for iPods and iPhones? Since they are pretty much just clear stickers, do they easily start to peel off from use and wear?

I have the invisa shield and it is perfect for my ipod. But I would not want to use that for a touch screen.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
I hope Cozip makes a case for the 3G. Their first iPhone clip on back case was the most subtle and thin case out there for the phone... even if it was only half a case.

andrewjnyc

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
I've been using a white Incase Slider on my iPhone for the past few months, and I like it a lot, but the black back of the new phone looks so sweet that I think I'm gonna "go naked" and either use just an Invisible Shield, or combine the back piece of the Shield with the Power Support crystal film screen protector, which I hope will be available on day 1 per last time. The Power Support screen protector works like a champ and is much easier to put on w/o bubbles than an Invisible Shield-type protector. That may leave a little bit of the chrome bezel exposed, but I don't mind living a little dangerously sometimes. I may eventually get a horizontal holster a la the DLO, but at least off the bat I want to show off the phone's slick-ass aesthetics with nothing else getting in the way!

jaw3net

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Griffin Elan Holster

I'm going to stick with my Griffin Elan Holster (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanholster) which is compatible with the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G. I need something to keep the iPhone protected when I'm not using it and this is the perfect solution. Many people have complained about the clip being unstable but I don't use it to carry on my belt buckle (that's tacky). I take the clip off and the holster/phone fits perfectly in my pocket. It's leather and is one of the 'professional' looking cases available.

Stalban

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Think i'll be getting both the bodyguardz skin and also the sena slipcase. Am guessing that that skin won't make the phone too big to fit in the case.

crazydoctor2b

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
:Dwhen it came out, i bought that belkin, clear color **** that sheet! it scratched my phone!!!, then i bought the in case which i liked, untill i took the phone out of the case and saw the litle black spots on it, looked weird, like metalic mold or something, and i cleaned it, but there are still litle small specs!

naked is better just like sex lol!

Penguinwrangler

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Edgewater, NJ
I'll be looking for a good leather belt holster. I like that speck holster, but I bump into crap with my hips a lot, so i need some scratch protection on both sides. So far I haven't seen any I've really loved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.