Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:29 PM   #1
lookez
macrumors newbie

Program to burn video with subtitles to DVD on Mac OS

Hi everyone,

I just bought a MacBook and now I'm just using Mac OS. Now i have a little problem: Burning videos with subtitles.

I was using ConvertXtoDVD but i didn't found any similar program for Mac OS, that burns almost any video to DVD and automatically adds subtitles.

I really don't wanna have to install XP via Boot Camp or VM Fusion.

Any ideas? Thanks!
lookez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:34 PM   #2
richard.mac
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to richard.mac
you can copy a DVD without encryption with Toast using the Video TS setting but if it has encryption use MacTheRipper before Toast.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:41 AM   #3
lookez
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richthomas View Post
you can copy a DVD without encryption with Toast using the Video TS setting but if it has encryption use MacTheRipper before Toast.
No, i don't want that. I wanna Burn .avi videos, .mpeg, .mov videos with subtitles to DVDs. I use HandBrake to backup DVDs.

I just found FFMPEGX that does what i want, but it's kinda more complicated than ConvertXtoDVD.

No one can help me? =(
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:47 PM   #4
lookez
macrumors newbie

I bought a copy of VMWare Fusion and one copy of Windows XP Home edition and now i'm using convertxtodvd with no problems
Old May 28, 2009, 07:28 AM   #5
123walter
macrumors member

Avi subtitles merge

To the original poster..you had the best already. That convertx2dvd program is awesome. I have used it with Linux/wine, and I think it may wrk with codeserver-mac. havent tried though. Toast does some things OK, but it seems like a program that is "scared" to be a great program. The only problem I have had with convertx is that some wont play on my MBPro. They wont load. Its funny I can copy the videots files to an external HD..and they play. My superdrive is OK usually. But Im gonna try this suggestion on the ffmpeg thing. Not crazy about installing all that mplayer junk though. It never works that good for me. VLC also. They promise a lot but deliver half.(in my opinon) I prefer isquint,quicktime, and yer basic itunes for most things. Linux (ubuntu) has a lotta intersting stuff..universal formats that may be portable. Havent tried.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
123walter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store