Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Is there a way to take two separate AVI files and merge them into one file without having to go through 40 minutes of reconverting the files through visual hub to do it? I have a few files I would like to join together..

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
Is there a way to take two separate AVI files and merge them into one file without having to go through 40 minutes of reconverting the files through visual hub to do it? I have a few files I would like to join together..

Take a look at D-Vision 3 in the Tools option Join AVI files or you could use Avidemux2.

mdburke

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2008
You can use Quicktime.

Open both movies. With Movie B in the foreground, select EDIT -> SELECT ALL and then EDIT -> COPY. Next, bring movie A to the foreground and go to the end of the movie. Then select EDIT -> PASTE. Finally, select FILE -> SAVE.

Done and done.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
You can use Quicktime.

Open both movies. With Movie B in the foreground, select EDIT -> SELECT ALL and then EDIT -> COPY. Next, bring movie A to the foreground and go to the end of the movie. Then select EDIT -> PASTE. Finally, select FILE -> SAVE.

Done and done.

Does that work for the non-pro version? Last time I tried to save to .avi it told me I had to pay for it.

Macsterling

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
Dallas
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

you would need QT PRO to do so. Pm me and I will help u with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.