Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 14, 2008, 08:21 PM   #1
TJ10
macrumors member

Portland, OR

Does anyone want to meet up at the Bridgeport, Village Apple store?
TJ10 is offline   0
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:25 PM   #2
EricHvk
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to EricHvk Send a message via Skype™ to EricHvk
So would If i Still Lived There. Waa Waa Waa
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:29 PM   #3
alejovh1
macrumors regular

I'll probably go to the washington square, last time I tried to buy an iMac at Bridgeport they treated me like crap
alejovh1 is offline   0
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:00 PM   #4
TJ10
macrumors member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejovh1 View Post
I'll probably go to the washington square, last time I tried to buy an iMac at Bridgeport they treated me like crap
I could meet up at washington square if you think it is that much better. All though bridgeport would be nicer since its outside and less packed.
TJ10 is offline   0
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:41 PM   #5
Mac Attack 360
macrumors newbie

You can't stay inside Washington Square and besides if you stay outside Washington Square other people will be at different entrances and could get iPhones before you or you could not get one at all. But I think theres a good chance you will. Bridgeport.. When your there, your outside the store and have first dibbs on it. I am 50/50 on Apple Store or AT&T store. Because less people will show at the AT&T stores but Apple might have more iPhone's than the AT&T stores. An eye for an eye. I'm kinda stuck between those two. Another bad thing is the people that aren't huge mac fans but just want what everybody else wants(whatevers popular at the time(trend)) will be at the Apple stores (which means more people) Remember the iPhone is a good ammount cheaper. Which means theres gonna be as many iPhones 3G's were gonna see as the iPod Nano craze of winter 2005 where every tween and teen seemed to have one.
Mac Attack 360 is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:24 AM   #6
booooo
macrumors newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack 360 View Post
Remember the iPhone is a good ammount cheaper. Which means theres gonna be as many iPhones 3G's were gonna see as the iPod Nano craze of winter 2005 where every tween and teen seemed to have one.
YES!!! This is part of the master plan for Apple to take over the world. Once every tween and teen has an iPhone they will grow up and be Apple users! (evil laughter)
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:05 PM   #7
alejovh1
macrumors regular

you know the time the mall opens? I guess as soon as they open the line will form outside the Apple store? assuming of course that it will be available in the morning. if its 6 pm launch it will be even better.
alejovh1 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:32 AM   #8
ThinkBrilliant
macrumors member

Arrow Apple Store at Pioneer Place.

I run the site www.macblogz.com and we'll be at the Pionee Place Apple Store. We'll be videotaping and covering all the action on July 11th. We'll be representing MacBlogz.com and a core group of MacRumors.com devoted readers.

Come down to Pioneer Place. It's going to be the best place to get iPhone 3G. It's in the middle of the city, it's very high-end and it's going to be predictable as to what will happen because the mall opens at a certain time... 9:30am.

Come on down and check it out ! July 11th - Portland, Oregon. 9:30am Pioneer Place Apple Store. iPhone 3G !!!

-Aviv
ThinkBrilliant is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:42 PM   #9
Mac Attack 360
macrumors newbie

Pioneer Place would be a last resort. I would feel a more excited feeling if I went to Bridgeport or Washington Square.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:07 PM   #10
ThinkBrilliant
macrumors member

Arrow We'll be at Bridgport Village too!

We'll be at Bridgeport Village too !

July 11th is going to be madness... We are going to try and cover all three Apple Retail Locations here in Portland, however focus on Bridgeport and Pioneer Place.

Come on down to either one and enjoy launch day with us !!!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:24 PM   #11
Peace
macrumors P6

Anybody going to the AT&T store on Washington in east Portland?
Peace is offline   0
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:49 AM   #12
Christian G
macrumors newbie

I'll be gone on the 11th, but Pioneer place is def. the best store!
Christian G is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Peabody
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Anybody going to the AT&T store on Washington in east Portland?
Nah, gonna hit up the AT&T store in Sherwood just like last year. Should be nice and quiet there. I'm hoping to get in and out in under 15 minutes.

--Peabody
Peabody is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:58 PM   #14
Mac Attack 360
macrumors newbie

iPhone time

I have to ask all my fellow Portlanders this question: How early should I get there to get an iPhone 3G? (to make sure I get one) If possible could you compare how early I should get there between an Apple store or an AT&T store? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:41 PM   #15
ThinkBrilliant
macrumors member

Arrow Bridgeport has both an Apple and ATT Store in one place.

Fellow Portlanders!

Bridgeport has both an Apple Store and AT&T Store, which make it the best solution hands down at this point. There is the largest Apple Store in Portland as well as an AT&T store a stone's throw away. It honestly doesn't get much more suitable for the type of chaos we are expecting.

If you are looking for the Apple excitement, hype and experience (but with a smooth checkout process and options as well) then Bridgeport is the place for you to get your new iPhone.

If you want to fly relatively under the radar then find a small AT&T store and make sure to arrive when they open. You can call and confirm that they'll be receiving and selling the iPhone 3G at the store before Friday, July 11th.

Here's a link with information about the Apple Bridgeport Store:

http://www.apple.com/retail/bridgeportvillage/map/

Come on down and celebrate the launch with MacBlogz.com !
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:28 AM   #16
pearsonownz
macrumors newbie

I will be at the Bridgeport Apple store. Look for me, I will be the first one in line.

However, do keep in mind that Bridgeport Security won't allow people to line up until about 3am. They pulled that on me last year.
pearsonownz is offline   0
Old Jul 8, 2008, 03:05 PM   #17
mapexvenus
macrumors member

Hillsboro AT & T Store

I will be getting my 3G at the Hillsboro AT & T store. I will probably line up around 6 AM. I will be going in to work only around 12 PM so I am hoping that the line isn't so long that it's going to take me longer than 6 hours to my hands on the phone.

I visited the store yesterday and they informed me that the activation would still be done at home, but they would need to unbrick the phone at the store.

Anyone else planning on going to this store?
mapexvenus is offline   0
Old Jul 8, 2008, 06:57 PM   #18
Eddieowns
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Eddieowns Send a message via MSN to Eddieowns
Talking

I just called the AT&T Store by Mall 205 in Portland/Gresham, and they told me to show up at the store at 7 A.M. if I really wanna get one. The man even gave me his name, and said he would be looking for me on Friday morning. OMG I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eddieowns is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:40 AM   #19
mrtravel123
macrumors regular

Hillsboro AT&T store off of 185th... although I'd prefer Bridgeport because it's my favorite Apple store in Portland (and the AT & T store is nearby too). It's just because of convenience that I'm going to the 185th store. But, I'm thinking maybe an AT&T store will also get less attention. I could be wrong!

8:00am or slightly earlier for me. I just don't think we'll have much of a crowd at this store. But, maybe I'm wrong.
mrtravel123 is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:23 AM   #20
patcase86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtravel123 View Post
Hillsboro AT&T store off of 185th... although I'd prefer Bridgeport because it's my favorite Apple store in Portland (and the AT & T store is nearby too). It's just because of convenience that I'm going to the 185th store. But, I'm thinking maybe an AT&T store will also get less attention. I could be wrong!

8:00am or slightly earlier for me. I just don't think we'll have much of a crowd at this store. But, maybe I'm wrong.
I was thinking of going there too! (It's on my way to work). I talked to the ATT store on Farmington and they said they had a line through the parking lot over to the Panda Express next door last year for iDay... I'm hoping the 185th won't be that bad.

I'm planning on getting there about 7 or so. Cya there...
patcase86 is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:43 PM   #21
1bruntPDX
macrumors newbie

Pioneer Square Mall

Talked to Erik at the Apple Store. He said the mall doors open at 7 am and the Apple Store will be opening at its (as posted elsewhere) earlier-than-normal time of 8 am.

I'll be there Twittering as 1bruntpdx.
1bruntPDX is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 01:23 PM   #22
sammyootsi
macrumors newbie

Pioneer Place

So who's all going to Pioneer Place? And where do we line up outside? If a poster is correct, the mall opens at 7 to let us all in to line up.
sammyootsi is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:26 PM   #23
amx
macrumors newbie

I am heading to Bridgeport with a friend at 4
amx is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:03 PM   #24
1bruntPDX
macrumors newbie

Pioneer Sq Mall at 7

I plan on being at the Pioneer Square Mall doors, not sure which ones, by 7 am. I'm guessing there'll be quite a rush from the various mall doors to the Apple Store doors where the "official line" will form.
1bruntPDX is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:59 PM   #25
Peabody
macrumors regular

Bridgeport Village @ 9 AM

The line was still around the block...

...pardon the pic - it was a drive by iPhone attempt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	123743  
Peabody is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups