Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 14, 2008, 08:48 PM   #1
sainttech
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Boca Raton, FL

Town Center Mall is where the 3G iPhone will be ours? Who's going?
sainttech is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:17 PM   #2
J2d3
macrumors newbie

Smile Going to be there also!

I will be leaving work early around 11am and heading straight to the mall. Hopefully I will get a good spot in line.
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:58 AM   #3
sainttech
macrumors newbie

I hope the lines are reasonable

I hope it works out for you. I will have a friend of mine waiting in line for me. One for one; i hope people are not employing situations where there is one person holding a spot for multiple persons. That would be annoying. The last time was a pretty smooth transition. I believe it will be the same this year also.
sainttech is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:34 AM   #4
firerescue0504
macrumors newbie

Cool im there !!

CYa guys there!!! black 16gb
firerescue0504 is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:34 PM   #5
JBaczanski
macrumors newbie

It's a toss up for me between Aventura and Boca. I'm in between both of them, but I'm wondering which one will have the shorter line. Plus I'm making plans with me co-worker to meet at one of the stores, just haven't decided where. If I choose Boca, I'll let ya'll know.
JBaczanski is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:01 PM   #6
sainttech
macrumors newbie

Hope to see you future 3G owners

I like the ambiance of Boca Mall! Less drama. I hope there are no issues with upgrading. I wonder how that will work. There is an AT&T store just a block or two away; which also helps out for rumored activation.
sainttech is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:13 PM   #7
JBaczanski
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainttech View Post
I like the ambiance of Boca Mall! Less drama. I hope there are no issues with upgrading. I wonder how that will work. There is an AT&T store just a block or two away; which also helps out for rumored activation.
I've never been to Boca Mall, but Aventura is beyond crazy! I have a feeling that the activation will be just like the 1st generation iPhone, except they (Apple and AT&T employees) will do the activating for us.

Either way, I'm getting my 16GB White iPhone 3G
JBaczanski is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2008, 07:26 AM   #8
irwin1
macrumors newbie

Talking

Getting ready to leave for the mall... Want to be early...
irwin1 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2008, 08:17 AM   #9
d wade
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to d wade
just curious... what is the point of the launch meetup? just to get the phone early? i will probly wait a day or two before i get my new one
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:43 PM   #10
J2d3
macrumors newbie

The fun is in the wait...

If you have ever been to a launch event, then you will know that half the fun is waiting on line, talking with friends/family and meeting new people. I had a blast waiting last year.
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2008, 07:43 PM   #11
sainttech
macrumors newbie

Well Said

Agreed; its a great time. The fun is in the wait.
sainttech is offline   0
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:19 AM   #12
D4F

I'm a bit closer to Galleria in FT. Lauderdale but might join you guys in Boca for the fun
What time you guys showing up btw?
D4F is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:28 PM   #13
J2d3
macrumors newbie

I plan on getting to the mall around 12pm

I have to work for a bit in the morning but then I will leave the office and head over to the mall. I think 12pm should get me a decent spot in line.
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:56 AM   #14
irwin1
macrumors newbie

Smile What time are you getting on line???

What time are you all planning to get on line for the opening July 11. Save me a spot.
irwin1 is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:32 PM   #15
JBaczanski
macrumors newbie

Yeah, what time is everybody meeting up there? I'm taking off from work, so I can be there anytime.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:36 PM   #16
bebetc
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to bebetc Send a message via Skype™ to bebetc
I will see everybody there too I am going there early !!!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:26 AM   #17
J2d3
macrumors newbie

Well the latest rumor....

I heard that the phone may go on sale at 8am? If so this would pose a few questions regarding lines and the mall. Anyone have any info on the mall policy for waiting on line before/after hours.
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:44 AM   #18
sainttech
macrumors newbie

I will be there early

Fellas I will be there early (seriously I happen to be off on that day.....what a schedule). Knowing Apple, we will not be informed of any information until late. I will be there early with my laptop (You know its a MacBook Pro). I will post information on this post, as soon as I here anything. I took the chance and sold my 8GB iPhone for $375 2 months ago. I need this phone I am lost here.
sainttech is offline   0
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:33 AM   #19
J2d3
macrumors newbie

Ok so we know now that the fun begins early...

The phone goes on sale at 8am... so does that mean a camp out?
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:51 PM   #20
JBaczanski
macrumors newbie

My friend called the an Apple store today (sorry, I don't know which one) and they said that they aren't opening early and will open at 10am like usual.

There is an AT&T store right across the road from me, but what time do you all think I should show up if I decide to go there? Do you think I need to camp out or if I get there early in the morn, would that be enough?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:52 AM   #21
sainttech
macrumors newbie

8AM is a Mixed Bag

I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. Quite confused, I think the process will be slower at the AT&T store because they will be opening accounts and activating at the same time. I also think we will need to activate at some time anyways. I will respond back in a few. Just like the rest of you guys & girls; I have to think this through!!!!!
sainttech is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:22 AM   #22
J2d3
macrumors newbie

Dear God, stay away from the ATT stores.

Have you ever been to an AT&T store? Imagine all those new Iphone contracts, the questions, the arguments "what do you mean I can't upgrade". At the apple store it will be much faster. If they can't do the sale, then its a simple "contact AT&T". I can't imagine that the store will open at 10am....unless it is a mall policy/issue. I have seem Gamestop's in malls open or stay late for big game launches so I'm hoping that Apple will do the same. I'm going to call the Boca store and find out.
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:25 AM   #23
J2d3
macrumors newbie

Sainttech....

Are you upgrading from Iphone 1.0? If so the Apple store is going to be faster I think. The word on the net is, for existing Iphone people there is going to be a separate (faster) line, sort of like a bonus for being loyal I guess.
J2d3 is offline   0
Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:49 PM   #24
pcmike
macrumors regular

So where is going to be the best place to for for a current AT&T customer who is just upgrading their device (I don't currently own an iPhone, but I qualify for the upgrading price)? Also of note, on the 11th I'll be 6 days away from my "upgrade date" (but was told by AT&T customer care that any AT&T store will just overlook the 6 days and do the upgrade).. I wonder if Apple can overlook 6 days like an AT&T store could (i.e. will they even have the ability to override certain AT&T systems)?

I'm thinking I should probably just go to the large new AT&T corporate store that opened up on the corner of Gateway and Congress in Boynton.
pcmike is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:59 PM   #25
sainttech
macrumors newbie

Unconfirmed Rumor: Boca Store Opening 8AM

You heard it here first. Boca Store will be opening at 8am (UNCONFIRMED). I will be at the Boca Store! Unless I am wrong of course!! I have to purchase two phones (Me 16GB Wife 8GB). I believe it will be an activation nightmare.
sainttech is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups