Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 14, 2008, 09:50 PM   #1
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

Bakersfield, CA

Hey Bakersfield where are you planning on meeting up? I'm thinking the AT&T store on Coffee. What do you think?

Last edited by jcjdoss; Jun 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM.
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:02 PM   #2
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

Sounds good J. I should be there.
joshuasiphone is offline   0
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:23 PM   #3
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

Now to wait for details. HERE ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION.

Hours
JULY 07Mon: 9am 8pm
JULY 08 Tue: 9am 8pm
JULY 09 Wed: 9am 8pm
JULY 10 Thu: 9am 8pm
JULY 11 Fri: 9am 8pm

JULY 12 Sat: 9am 6pm
JULY 13 Sun: 12pm 5pm
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:13 PM   #4
nima
macrumors member

waiting in line?

hey do you think were going to camp out to get it or will there be enough for everything? because ive been waiting for 6 months for the 3g iphone.
nima is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:45 AM   #5
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nima View Post
hey do you think were going to camp out to get it or will there be enough for everything? because ive been waiting for 6 months for the 3g iphone.
I have to work til 5, I am going to stop by the store on my way home to see if a line has formed, if it has it will be a camp out for me. it may be a camp out anyway Who's bringing the smores?
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:25 AM   #6
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

Same here, just let me know how it is when you're by there J. Either way, I'll probably head over there no later than 11:30pm on the 10th. That way I'm guaranteed a phone, I have a feeling they will be pretty hard to get with the lower price now. It was hard enough the first time.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:06 AM   #7
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

I talked to a salesman at the store. He said he expected a line to start forming on the 8th. HMMMMMM
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:17 PM   #8
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

Serioius? I don't think it'll start that early. Although if true, it could pose a problem to some people. Not to me though, upside of not having a job yet
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:30 PM   #9
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

According the The Boy Genius Report, the iPhone will be sold starting at 8:00 AM on the 11th as opposed to the 6PM launch they did last year.
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...-on-july-11th/
Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:01 AM   #10
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

I saw that, I read over at one of the Mac sites, that AT&T had intended on doing the same last year and Apple had them open at 6 pm, lets hope for 8
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:56 PM   #11
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...-distribution/

Possible location change?
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:36 PM   #12
The General
Banned

Hello, fellow Bakersfield people,

My friend and I are going to the AT&T store at East Hills at around 5AM. That's where I picked up my first iPhone on June 29th, 2007.

Hope to see you guys there!
The General is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:11 PM   #13
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hello, fellow Bakersfield people,

My friend and I are going to the AT&T store at East Hills at around 5AM. That's where I picked up my first iPhone on June 29th, 2007.

Hope to see you guys there!
We'll be at the coffee store, but post updates here. Do you twitter?
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:42 PM   #14
The General
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjdoss View Post
We'll be at the coffee store, but post updates here. Do you twitter?
I wish I could just meet you guys at the Coffee store but my friend's mom has to sign his contract and she works right next to the East Hills store.

I will tweet news of the East Hills launch http://twitter.com/tedroddy
Old Jul 8, 2008, 01:36 AM   #15
ibimacguru
macrumors newbie

bummed :(

can't be there, but with you all in spirit
ibimacguru is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:51 AM   #16
ben.dukellis
macrumors newbie

ming vs. coffee?

Seems like everybody's going to the Coffee location... anybody planning on waiting at the Ming ave. store? Or is the Coffee location just a better bet?

Opinions: how early to get in line?

And do we know for certain yet that they'll be opening at Apple's reported 8AM?

Cheers, Bako peeps.
ben.dukellis is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:41 PM   #17
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

Yeah, the Coffee store seems to be where we'll all mostly be. Not sure how it will work out for me come friday morning, I was actually hoping for a 6PM release like last year. My mom needs to be there to sign the contract since she's the one paying the bill. She'll be at work during the release, not sure if she'll be there in time, I may have to wait there until she's at lunch :\
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:16 PM   #18
ben.dukellis
macrumors newbie

I'm torn

I can't decide whether to go to the Coffee location to chat with fellow macrumors people or go to the Ming location to avoid you all clogging up the line!

I went to the Ming ave AT&T today. They looked like they were totally unprepared for the sale (though perhaps i'm too critical, being that it's another 36 hours before the doors open) and in general, the staff (as usual), had no idea what was going on. The lady I ended up talking to seemed to know her stuff... and she said that last year they had a line wrapped all the way around the building.

But i got the credit check pre-qual thing taken care of. Does anybody know if that's good for all AT&T locations or just the one where i got it done...? Because it would be nice to have the flexibility.

Will they be selling the Bluetooth headset on-site? Or is that a later release...

Oh well. Somebody decide for me. Ming or Coffee? Either way i'm going to try to get there at around 7.

Haha, and if i get there before you, I will gladly sell you my place in line.
ben.dukellis is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:13 PM   #19
jcjdoss
macrumors newbie

I keep wondering, "why are you (being me) getting all these people to show up at one location". But hey, it is the experience that counts...right? it doesn't really matter, go where the line is shortest. The point is to get an iPhone. But we should have a meetup. And 8 am is confirmed. Make sure to back up your data

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.dukellis View Post
I can't decide whether to go to the Coffee location to chat with fellow macrumors people or go to the Ming location to avoid you all clogging up the line!

I went to the Ming ave AT&T today. They looked like they were totally unprepared for the sale (though perhaps i'm too critical, being that it's another 36 hours before the doors open) and in general, the staff (as usual), had no idea what was going on. The lady I ended up talking to seemed to know her stuff... and she said that last year they had a line wrapped all the way around the building.

But i got the credit check pre-qual thing taken care of. Does anybody know if that's good for all AT&T locations or just the one where i got it done...? Because it would be nice to have the flexibility.

Will they be selling the Bluetooth headset on-site? Or is that a later release...

Oh well. Somebody decide for me. Ming or Coffee? Either way i'm going to try to get there at around 7.

Haha, and if i get there before you, I will gladly sell you my place in line.
jcjdoss is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:26 PM   #20
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

Almost time! I can't wait. And don't forget, if you go tomorrow and there's too many people, there's a decently sized AT&T off of Truxtun right by Yokuts park. I doubt many ppl will be at that one. I should be at Coffee though.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:18 AM   #21
LiquidVox
macrumors newbie

Decisions, Decisions

I am probably going to the ming store, but I admit it is with some trepidation. I was at the store on Sunday and Tuesday, and the staff did not seem like they were ready for the flood of humanity that was about to wash over them. The manager told me that everyone in line at 6 p.m. last year got a iphone and infact they had phones in stock up until the time that they closed. I thought about camping out overnight on Thursday just for the hell of it, but being 10 feet from Ming avenue for 12 hours does not appeal to me. I will probably be in line by 4 a.m. and hopefully will not have to wait too long once the doors open, since I am "suppossed" to be at work at 8. Thankfully I have a very understanding boss... so much so that he may join me in line as well.
LiquidVox is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:54 AM   #22
initial jc
macrumors newbie

i plan to goto easthills, probably wont be as packed as coffee.

if anyone can swing by let me know if there is a line outside tommorow
initial jc is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:42 PM   #23
The General
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by initial jc View Post
i plan to goto easthills, probably wont be as packed as coffee.

if anyone can swing by let me know if there is a line outside tommorow
Hey, I swung by today and there's no line. I plan to check again at 5 and at midnight. I will post back when I do.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 05:23 PM   #24
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with the Coffee store, there is still no line. I'm going to head over in just a little while. Maybe an hour or so.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:49 PM   #25
joshuasiphone
macrumors newbie

Ok ppl, I'm getting ready to head out in just a few minutes. J, when are you gonna be there?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups