Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:12 AM   #1
honeycrisp
macrumors regular

Twin Cities, MN

Anyone in the area?
honeycrisp is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:25 AM   #2
Yoursh
macrumors 6502

I plan on upgrading from the current iPhone, but I work the day of the launch. I will most likely have to hold off till the 13th or 14th to pick one up. Most likely from the Roseville or MoA store.
Yoursh is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:59 PM   #3
12Gauge33
macrumors newbie

i will be at the Apple Store at the Ridge Dale Mall
12Gauge33 is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:52 PM   #4
paulyras
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to paulyras
If I'm in town (I might have a business trip), I will be picking one up. Last time I went to the AT&T store in Highland, which wasn't bad. I haven't decided yet where I'll go for this one.

BTW- Is there a time for the launch? I probably ought to know this already, but I've been a little distracted.
paulyras is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:57 PM   #5
synth3tik
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to synth3tik
i-Day was fun, but I don't plan on showing up, even if I do decide to get the new phone. I just went to MOA today to get a replacement for my current iPhone as the screen started to no respond to touch. (Excellent timing, 10 days before the warranty expires) So I feel as I got a new phone already.
synth3tik is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:01 PM   #6
Schmoe0013
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Schmoe0013
I will probably be picking up the new iPhone after work on the 11th at Southdale Mall Apple Store or AT&T store (Since they are like 300 feet from each other).
Schmoe0013 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Applepi
macrumors 6502a

Probably won't get one, but I will take a stroll through Ridgedale and check it out.
Applepi is offline   0
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:36 PM   #8
EgyptoKnuckles
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to EgyptoKnuckles Send a message via MSN to EgyptoKnuckles Send a message via Yahoo to EgyptoKnuckles
Roseville, MN

I'll be at the Roseville At&T store off Lincoln Drive at around 10am-ish (maybe earlier) if anyone cares to weather the line with me.

First time I stood in line for something was the first iPhone, this will be indeed no different, and I had a wonderful time last time, made some new friends.

Last edited by EgyptoKnuckles; Jun 18, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
EgyptoKnuckles is offline   0
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:23 PM   #9
honeycrisp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptoKnuckles View Post
I'll be at the Roseville At&T store off Lincoln Drive at around 10am-ish (maybe earlier) if anyone cares to weather the line with me.

First time I stood in line for something was the first iPhone, this will be indeed no different, and I had a wonderful time last time, made some new friends.
How busy was that particular store last time, do you know?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:59 PM   #10
EgyptoKnuckles
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to EgyptoKnuckles Send a message via MSN to EgyptoKnuckles Send a message via Yahoo to EgyptoKnuckles
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycrisp View Post
How busy was that particular store last time, do you know?
I think by the time the iPhone launched, there were about 83 people there, and the store themselves had 84. However, they did get 80 more the next day to fill demand if folks could not be present on Friday.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:46 PM   #11
honeycrisp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptoKnuckles View Post
I think by the time the iPhone launched, there were about 83 people there, and the store themselves had 84. However, they did get 80 more the next day to fill demand if folks could not be present on Friday.
Wow, close call! Anyone go to the Rosedale Apple Store for the initial launch? Trying to decide between that and the AT&T Roseveille store...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:21 PM   #12
EgyptoKnuckles
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycrisp View Post
Wow, close call! Anyone go to the Rosedale Apple Store for the initial launch? Trying to decide between that and the AT&T Roseveille store...
I was curious about that too.

If you're going to the Roseville AT&T, let me know, perhaps we'll meet up.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:55 AM   #13
mspman
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mspman
I bought my iPhone at the ATT store in the skyway near Baker Center in downtown. Granted, I bought it two weeks after the launch but I'm still trying to decide whether to hit that store, or hit a mall store of some sort. Probably Roseville since it's closer to my work..
mspman is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:59 AM   #14
elbruelsio
macrumors member

I'm not certain yet whether I am buying the new phone, but I would like to attend the launch at the Rosedale Mall store. There should be t-shirts, right?
elbruelsio is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:23 AM   #15
Paix247
macrumors 6502

I haven't been to the Roseville AT&T Store. Is it nice? I usually go to the one accross from Ridgedale, but they still have the older setup with the circle table. The one in Maple Grove has been recently updated, its larger, and has many more cash registers. Is the Rosedale one like that?

Since all we have are Mall location Apple Stores, I wonder how they will handle the lines (especially people that show up before the Mall opens). I didn't get in line last year until 5:30pm at the Southdale Apple Store.
Paix247 is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:51 PM   #16
honeycrisp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paix247 View Post
I haven't been to the Roseville AT&T Store. Is it nice? I usually go to the one accross from Ridgedale, but they still have the older setup with the circle table. The one in Maple Grove has been recently updated, its larger, and has many more cash registers. Is the Rosedale one like that?

Since all we have are Mall location Apple Stores, I wonder how they will handle the lines (especially people that show up before the Mall opens). I didn't get in line last year until 5:30pm at the Southdale Apple Store.
My guess is that they may make us wait outside the mall. I've heard of a couple of malls doing is this way last time around...
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:19 PM   #17
Taylor C
macrumors 6502a

Anyone know how they're handling people who get in line the day or several days before at mall stores? I was at MoA for the original launch, but that's obviously a much larger venue. Unfortunately, I won't be waiting there this year. As an example, most malls in the twin cities don't even open until 10am.
Taylor C is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:33 AM   #18
jmerk
macrumors member

Buying Advice: Mall of America, Bloomington MN-USA

Hey all,
I just called the Apple Store MoA and the rep said that they have no plans in place to accommodate people "camping out."

However, she mentioned that she thought the public areas of the mall opened early and that one should be able to get in at that time.

I called the Mall of America general information and the rep had no idea about any kind of Apple "event" or "product release" that needed special accommodations. She transferred me to security and they too knew of no such special need by the Apple store. The security rep said that I should call back on Thursday because they would know for certain by then if the Apple store needed to make arrangements.

The public areas of the mall open at 7:00 am so folks should be able to get into the mall and line up outside the Apple store at that time. As far as line up OUTSIDE the mall, I have no idea but I have been told that security does NOT allow overnight parking which preclude "camping out" unless one was dropped off.

I'm calling back on Thursday and I will update but as of right now, looks like no camping out for the iPhone at Mall of America, Bloomington MN-USA.

jm
jmerk is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:29 AM   #19
sgiles1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyras View Post
If I'm in town (I might have a business trip), I will be picking one up. Last time I went to the AT&T store in Highland, which wasn't bad. I haven't decided yet where I'll go for this one.

BTW- Is there a time for the launch? I probably ought to know this already, but I've been a little distracted.
I'm planning on going to the Highland store. What was the queue like last year? Did they sell out? Anyone else going to the Highland store?
sgiles1 is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:11 PM   #20
jeejeebu
macrumors regular

My friend tells me that the Rosedale mall doors unlock at 6:30 to allow employees to get in to open up, and you all will be able to line up inside starting then.
jeejeebu is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:39 AM   #21
livingfortoday
macrumors 68030

Anyone at the Ford Ave AT&T store?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:38 AM   #22
Buschmaster
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Buschmaster
Can anyone post pics from any of the stores?

How were the turnouts?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:39 AM   #23
jeejeebu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschmaster View Post
Can anyone post pics from any of the stores?

How were the turnouts?
My friend went to Rosedale and said she was about 50th in line at around 6:15 or so. And the line got really long after that.
jeejeebu is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:09 AM   #24
mntentman
macrumors regular

Anyone know what situation is at Rosedale? I got shut out at AT&T in downtown Minneapolis... 2 1/2 hours in line when they announced at 9 a.m. that 16 GB were gone.
mntentman is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:27 AM   #25
Veritas&Equitas
macrumors 68000

Anyone know if any of the local stores have the 8gb left? Ridgedale? Southdale?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups