Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:42 AM   #1
hokullani
macrumors member

San Diego, CA

I'll be down at the UTC Apple store. Last year i waited in line at the ATT store by my house in encinitas and they ran out and didn't tell us until we got into the store so we all rushed down to the apple store and just walked right in and bought one, took like 2 minutes at the apple store.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 03:25 AM   #2
Ilovemyipod
macrumors regular

IM going to the apple store Otay Ranch i'll be there about 5ish
Ilovemyipod is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:31 PM   #3
scotty588
macrumors 6502

I'm in Carlsbad, but I was down in Del Mar at the time last year so I went to the nearest ATT. Like with you they didn't tell us till we got to the front that they ran out of 8 GB models. We called UTC Apple store, said they had a bunch. Drove over, ran in and got an 8 GB no hassle. I'll be at UTC as well.
scotty588 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:27 AM   #4
djrobsd
macrumors 6502a

UTC here I come

Depending on the time I'll most likely be at UTC, as it's right across the street from my office. If they are going to start selling them when the store opens, I'll definately be there.

I didn't buy one during the launch, so I'm looking forward to owning my first iphone!
djrobsd is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:55 AM   #5
madcran
macrumors newbie

Too bad...

It's too bad the new Apple stores in Carlsbad and Escondido aren't going to open for a while. Oh well, I might go with my boss to UTC, but since the Otay Ranch one is so much less busy than the other two stores, I might just go there. Of course the gas to get all the way out there is going to cost me.
madcran is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:18 AM   #6
cypherdv
macrumors newbie

Talking

So it sounds like the consensus is saying that it's better to go to an Apple store rather than an AT&T store? How early have you guys gone prior to the doors opening?

BTW, anyone going to the Fashion Valley store?
cypherdv is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:22 AM   #7
citron230
macrumors 6502a

I am going to the Fashion Valley Store, I live in Hillcrest so it is much closer. I have ben debating possibly going to an AT&T store so I won't have to wait in such a long line.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:23 AM   #8
hokullani
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcran View Post
It's too bad the new Apple stores in Carlsbad and Escondido aren't going to open for a while. Oh well, I might go with my boss to UTC, but since the Otay Ranch one is so much less busy than the other two stores, I might just go there. Of course the gas to get all the way out there is going to cost me.
I know I'm only like 5 minutes away from the new Carlsbad store, I was hoping they might open the store like the day of launch or something, has there been any info on when it will open?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:18 PM   #9
hokullani
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citron230 View Post
I am going to the Fashion Valley Store, I live in Hillcrest so it is much closer. I have ben debating possibly going to an AT&T store so I won't have to wait in such a long line.
You definitely shouldn't go to an ATT store, last year they got so much less than the Apple store, and Apple had the line moving so fast, AT&T was a joke, they wanted you to place an order after they were out because they would get commission for the order, my dad was able to drive down to UTC pick up a phone and get home in the time it took me to move about 3 places in line. Plus Apple had water and Wi-Fi for the people in line, unlike AT&T who were all hiding insider their nice air conditioned room.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:49 PM   #10
citron230
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokullani View Post
You definitely shouldn't go to an ATT store, last year they got so much less than the Apple store, and Apple had the line moving so fast, AT&T was a joke, they wanted you to place an order after they were out because they would get commission for the order, my dad was able to drive down to UTC pick up a phone and get home in the time it took me to move about 3 places in line. Plus Apple had water and Wi-Fi for the people in line, unlike AT&T who were all hiding insider their nice air conditioned room.
thanks for the heads up. after reading that and some other stories about AT&T last year, I will stay away from the corporate AT&T stores and just go to Apple. I have heard a lot of people say that the apple stores will have plenty.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:15 PM   #11
djrobsd
macrumors 6502a

What time are you guys planning on showing up at UTC? I'm not sure if I want to line up or not. If the phone goes on sale at 6, they will most likely have the cute little line outside like they did last year. I might leave work a couple hours early and walk over there and just hang out...

Maybe I'll even bring a little cooler and some beers and my beach chair... And definately my Macbook pro if they are having free wi-fi... LOL

I don't think Westfield UTC prohibits alcohol on their premesis, in fact many of their vendors sell it, so probably not.
djrobsd is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:33 PM   #12
djuarez03
macrumors regular

I'll probably be going to the Otay Ranch Apple Store with my brother. We are both going to upgrade our iPhones, although he needs it more than I do. He is using a 4 Gig iPhone with a cracked screen!! He was absolutely livid when I bought my 8 gig iPhone at a cheaper price than his 4 gig. I'll be getting the 16 gig, and I'm asumming that he will be too. I'm going for black, but I'm not sure what he is getting.
djuarez03 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:48 PM   #13
hokullani
macrumors member

I think I'll be there around 5:30 (if they are going on sale at 6 again). Last year I had a lot of fun sitting and talking with people so I might even go earlier, I'll be bringing my 12" PowerBook (maybe I'll get a MacBook pro for school by then) and will get a black 16gb for me and a white 16gb for my mom, I can't wait!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:00 PM   #14
scotty588
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I know I'm only like 5 minutes away from the new Carlsbad store, I was hoping they might open the store like the day of launch or something, has there been any info on when it will open?
I am right across from it as well in La Costa. ifo Apple Store has some info.

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/chronology.html (about half way down the page, just search apple key + f or ctrl + f on PC and type Carlsbad)
http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/2008...ing-the-space/
scotty588 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:02 PM   #15
hokullani
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty588 View Post
I am right across from it as well in La Costa. ifo Apple Store has some info.

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/chronology.html (about half way down the page, just search apple key + f or ctrl + f on PC and type Carlsbad)
http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/2008...ing-the-space/
Looks like it won't be opening until August 22nd thats a bummer, i thought they could have opened it July 11th in time for the iphone launch
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:44 PM   #16
adpretto
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to adpretto
Fashion Valley Round 2

Hey Everyone I'm going to be heading to Fashion Valley again this year. I was in line last year for the original iphone and I believe I was number 8 in line. Arrive Early and you'll definately get an iphone. Fashion is one of apple flagship stores and got one the largest shipments of the stores. It was also one of the stores apple sent a film crew last year because it's one of the highest earning stores.
Fashion Valley is lame though and that you can't sleep on mall premises, so you can't get in line til its officially opens which last year was at 5am or 6am I believe. Fashion valley had security at most of the entrances and had locked the parking garages so you had to be sneaky to get in. But if you want to be in the middle of the action head to Fashion it was a blast year with the film crew on site, tons of media crews, free food , promotions , prizes.

Anyone else heading to Fashion???

If you have any other questions hit me up
Anthony
adpretto is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:36 PM   #17
reebs1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpretto View Post
Hey Everyone I'm going to be heading to Fashion Valley again this year. I was in line last year for the original iphone and I believe I was number 8 in line. Arrive Early and you'll definately get an iphone. Fashion is one of apple flagship stores and got one the largest shipments of the stores. It was also one of the stores apple sent a film crew last year because it's one of the highest earning stores.
Fashion Valley is lame though and that you can't sleep on mall premises, so you can't get in line til its officially opens which last year was at 5am or 6am I believe. Fashion valley had security at most of the entrances and had locked the parking garages so you had to be sneaky to get in. But if you want to be in the middle of the action head to Fashion it was a blast year with the film crew on site, tons of media crews, free food , promotions , prizes.

Anthony
I think I'll be there hopefully, we'll see if I can get the day off!
reebs1990 is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:43 PM   #18
hokullani
macrumors member

Well I'm about to kill myself because I just realized I might have to wait a month later because won't have a line upgrade by then, does anyone know if they make you have a line upgrade ready or is it like the old one where you could just get one anyways?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:38 PM   #19
d-money
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Well I'm about to kill myself because I just realized I might have to wait a month later because won't have a line upgrade by then, does anyone know if they make you have a line upgrade ready or is it like the old one where you could just get one anyways?
I don't think its an issue, since they don't offer any discounts on the iphone with activation. I think you'll just need to extend your contract 2 more years.
d-money is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:30 PM   #20
Dangeresque
macrumors newbie

Fashion Valley

Hey all,

I'm planning on heading over and doing a liveblog from the Fashion Valley store for the day. What do you all think? Anyone want to be an accomplice?

--Brady
Dangeresque is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:18 PM   #21
hokullani
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeresque View Post
Hey all,

I'm planning on heading over and doing a liveblog from the Fashion Valley store for the day. What do you all think? Anyone want to be an accomplice?

--Brady
who are you liveblogging for? Your own site?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 03:06 AM   #22
Turboedtwo
macrumors newbie

I'll be at UTC. Do they go on sale when the store opens or are they waiting for shipments throughout the day?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 07:31 PM   #23
B3CK24
macrumors newbie

I'll be at Fashion.. I have to be. LOL
-23" Cinema Display.. soon: Mac Pro.
B3CK24 is offline   0
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:38 AM   #24
djrobsd
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboedtwo View Post
I'll be at UTC. Do they go on sale when the store opens or are they waiting for shipments throughout the day?
No, the news has it that they go on sale at 6pm, NOT 6am. LOL
djrobsd is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:21 AM   #25
citron230
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpretto View Post

Anthony
i'll be at fashion valley. i was thinking about getting in line about 11am. do you think i should get there earlier.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups