Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:33 AM   #1
schenz
macrumors newbie

Vienna, Austria, EU

As we have no Apple Stores, like essentially almost everywhere in the EU, I'll get my iPhone 3G directly from the carrier.

I will preorder mine as soon as the system to do so works properly (so that I can order a "grosse Plaudertasche YOUNG" - t-mobile is definitely not an option for me) - but does anybody know whether they'll deliver the iPhone to my home then or if i will be required to pick it up? If the second, who's gonna join me?

And, secondly, does anybody know, whether one can exchange the "iPhone-Pack" with a "H.U.I." plan? For there's 1000 free SMS included in "grosse Plaudertasche YOUNG" I won't need the 100 SMS included in the "iPhone-Pack" and would better like the 15 GB of data included in "H.U.I." than the 3 GB od data included in the "iPhone-Pack".

See you!
schenz is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:51 AM   #2
ergdegdeg
Moderator emeritus

I don't think that using H.U.I. is an option. They want to earn as much as they can
I'll wait till December and see what's going on as I'm still in another contract and don't want to cancel it.
ergdegdeg is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:59 AM   #3
schenz
macrumors newbie

of course they do, but they can only do so if they win costumers - and these they won't get if behaving too greedily.

well, at least they said Große Plaudertasche was an option despite it's not available at the webshop as for now and to me asking whether I had to take the iPhone-Pack the answered they recommended it - but that didn't sound like I had to ^^
schenz is offline   0
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:58 PM   #4
schenz
macrumors newbie

no response

I'm curious: is there no one from Vienna interested in buying an iPhone or is there simply no MacRumors reader from Vienna?

Please post, therefore, a response even if you're not interested in buying an iPhone but living in Vienna.

Last edited by schenz; Jul 7, 2008 at 06:49 PM.
schenz is offline   0
Old Jul 8, 2008, 03:45 PM   #5
schenz
macrumors newbie

would you rather get the t-mobile contract or the one by "one"? I mean, over the whole two year period t-mobile is € 6 cheaper, but it does not include SMS, and it's cheaper for the first 10.000 to order only.

I mean, seriously, one offers the best plans of all plans internationally I've seen, especially for those aged 26 or less.

What do you think?

PS: Ist here not even one single reader from Vienna or surrounding?!
schenz is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:53 AM   #6
HGreenwood
macrumors newbie

You are not the only austrian here

So... after calling ONE, T-Mobile and McShark .. talking with an former ONE Executive (regarding mobile coverage) I decided to go with T-Mobile and ordert yesterday 5min after I got the Mail from T-Mobile

The ONE Plan is cheaper - by approx 50€ over the 2 years exclusive SMS, but I hardly use them / have an sms.at Account.

And the most important point, the ONE Service Hotline empl. told my that ONE will get no iPhones on friday... they expect them in 2 to 4 weeks - don't know if thats true, just one source thats not quite trustfull more of a rumor

So, know I don't know when I get my iPhone - TMA sends it by mail...

Up for a iPhone Meetup next week at WerkzeugH?
HGreenwood is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:55 PM   #7
schenz
macrumors newbie

yeah, I use SMS a lot, so the ONE plan is perfect for me.

I've never been to WerkzeugH. Is it nice there? I should give it a try week.

...and hopefully I'll have my iPhone by then.
schenz is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 01:05 AM   #8
HGreenwood
macrumors newbie

iPhone bei ONE

ONE iPhone Vorverkauf

http://twitpic.com/3fbk
Old Jul 10, 2008, 02:33 PM   #9
schenz
macrumors newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGreenwood View Post
the link seems to not work.

However, I found out, that ONE ships iPhones on July 11th as I received the confirmation that it has left their logistics centre. can't wait. - but they did say they would do so nevertheless, as their homepage states: "Erhältlich ab 11. Juli."

The one thing I'll find out tomorrow is whether ONE offers visual voicemail. One the one hand I can't see Apple signing a contract with a company that doesn't offer the service, but on the other hand the service is mentioned not one single time.
schenz is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups