Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:28 AM   #1
unfrozen.jon
macrumors member

Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada

I'll be taking the day off work for this launch, yes said I know. I have checked with most of the Rogers stores in Fredericton but no news yet, also no pre-ordering available in Fredericton. I'll most likely be waiting at the Rogers video location unless another opens first, if anyones heard anything else post it.
Net4Mac ID: Unfrozen
XBox Live Gamer Tag:Unfrozen_Jon
unfrozen.jon is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:49 PM   #2
unfrozen.jon
macrumors member

Rogers Vision in Fredericton!!!

I have talked with Rogers associates at two Rogers Kiosks, one in the Regent mall and the other in the Oromocto mall, and they both confirmed that Rogers has been setting up their Vision service in fredericton and that it might be up by Iphone launch day. It'll be great to be able to use all of the Iphones features in my local area. There weren't any details such as how far the coverage would be but I'd hope it reaches some of the outlying areas.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:04 PM   #3
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

That is great news!! I want to pick up an iPhone as soon as they come out. However, the data/voice plan rates could cause me to change my mind if they are too expensive. I don't really use my cellphone very many minutes per month so I hope that I'm not forced to purchase an expensive voice plan along with the data plan.

Hopefully we will know something really soon and hopefully they will have some iPhones available here in Fredericton on July 11th.

Cheers.
Hawkeye411 is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:45 PM   #4
unfrozen.jon
macrumors member

I spent $400 to cancel my Rogers cell phone last year due to the horrible service, prices and phones. The IPhone is such an amazing device that I'd go 3 years with Rogers, at the promised lower rates, since it would replace many of my devices and make it all mobile. I don't know how Apple could allow such a crooked company to sell their product with those high plans. I already took July 11th off work but at those insulting prices I will spent that day at home rather than buy an IPhone.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 07:27 PM   #5
unfrozen.jon
macrumors member

Back on board

I signed the petitions, emailed and called Rogers & Apple to complain then emailed the list of Rogers heads that were on all the anti-Rogers forums and it seems everyones effort finally worked. I do hate Rogers although the iPhone is the perfect gadget for me and the "temporary" $30/6GB plan is a good deal, it should be more than enough for my usage. I will be lined up at a Rogers store for opening Friday.

Has anyone in Fredericton checked to see what stores have it in stock?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 04:40 PM   #6
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

I'll probably go to the Rogers store on Prospect. They have three customer service terminals so things might move more quickly if it's busy.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:42 AM   #7
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

first in line at interactive computers.

20 min. to go
wooooo hoopoo
Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:19 AM   #8
krid
macrumors newbie

cant get out of work until noon Arrrg. im going to try to sneak out @ 10
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:56 AM   #9
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

Got the first iPhone in Fredericton. I got the Black 16GB version. They only had one 16GB White phone. Not sure how many Black 16GB they had.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:31 AM   #10
unfrozen.jon
macrumors member

Me & my wife got ours this morning, the bog down of Apple servers was a disapointment but I'll look past it considering Apple put pressure on Rogers to give us the great data plan. I still hate Rogers but iLove my iPhone.

Thank You Apple
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfrozen.jon View Post
Me & my wife got ours this morning, the bog down of Apple servers was a disapointment but I'll look past it considering Apple put pressure on Rogers to give us the great data plan. I still hate Rogers but iLove my iPhone.

Thank You Apple
Were you at Interactive Computers behind me?

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 05:53 AM   #12
krid
macrumors newbie

i went down to ICS @ 9am and waited with my boss as he wanted one too and was buying mine - the phone, not the plan - and by 10:30 we both had our bricks and returned to work. @ 3:30 my phone was unbricked and i was a happy camper. oh both got the 8gb - loving it so far!

bit OT - but the poor guys @ ICS didnt seem to sure of the procedure they were to follow, and when the servers went down our rep thought that we coudnt do the activation our selves because we needed a "special" vers. of iTunes. (7.6.43 according to some mystery guy on the phone whom also thought that vers. of was on the cd in the iphone box?? LOL... any who i kept a serious face and said id do the activation from work no worries... w/e i got meh iphone
Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:47 PM   #13
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by krid View Post
i went down to ICS @ 9am and waited with my boss as he wanted one too and was buying mine - the phone, not the plan - and by 10:30 we both had our bricks and returned to work. @ 3:30 my phone was unbricked and i was a happy camper. oh both got the 8gb - loving it so far!

bit OT - but the poor guys @ ICS didnt seem to sure of the procedure they were to follow, and when the servers went down our rep thought that we coudnt do the activation our selves because we needed a "special" vers. of iTunes. (7.6.43 according to some mystery guy on the phone whom also thought that vers. of was on the cd in the iphone box?? LOL... any who i kept a serious face and said id do the activation from work no worries... w/e i got meh iphone
It's an AMAZING device. I'm really lovin' it!!

They were having a bit of trouble at ICS. It took them about an hour to activate mine. It was their first time and I guess they would have gotten faster at it if the servers didn't start acting up.

Cheers.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups