Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 15, 2008, 07:26 PM   #1
knelto
macrumors regular

Northwest Houston Area - Spring/The Woodlands, Texas

I haven't seen Houston on the list yet, but I was curious if there were many in the Houston area on the forums. I'm in the Spring area and I know there's an Apple store in The Woodlands mall and Willowbrook mall, then a number of AT&T stores. I was thinking of going to The Woodlands mall but I don't how they'll handle the launch.

Let's see if there's anyone else in the area then we can get something planned!

Last edited by knelto; Jun 15, 2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: grammar
knelto is offline   0
Old Jun 15, 2008, 07:48 PM   #2
geaux70803
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to geaux70803
Quote:
Originally Posted by knelto View Post
I haven't seen Houston on the list yet, but I was curious of there were many in the Houston area on the forums. I'm in the Spring area and I know there's an Apple store in The Woodlands mall and Willowbrook mall, then a number of AT&T stores. I was thinking of going to The Woodlands mall but I don't how they'll handle the launch.

Let's see if there's anyone else in the area then we can get something planned!
I'm interested in the Houston launch as well! Im in the Willowbrook / Champions area.
Anyone else interested?
geaux70803 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:06 AM   #3
RexInTheCity
macrumors newbie

I'm going to be hitting up the AT&T store on Westheimer near Kirkwood.
RexInTheCity is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Bare
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexInTheCity View Post
I'm going to be hitting up the AT&T store on Westheimer near Kirkwood.
Westheimer and Kirkwood is very close to where I am now. There's an Apple store in Memorial City Mall at Gessner and I-10, as well. I'm also from the Spring/Cypress area originally.

I have no idea what my plans will be for waiting in line. I may just drive around the several AT&T stores the night before or that morning to see which have short lines. Additionally, I'm not even sure that I'll be camping out early in the morning if they aren't going to start selling them until 6 PM -- this would be idiotic and Hellish as it will take people much longer to get in and out of the store this time around with in-store activation.

Maybe if we can arrange a decent meet-up, I'll camp out for 6 PM anyway
Bare is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:59 PM   #5
Bindi
macrumors newbie

Wow! I actually found a couple of folks that are hitting the store I am going to! I plan to hit the Westheimer and Royal Oaks Dr store (by Kirkwood), too! If no luck there, may hit Memorial Mall. I don't plan to go until in the morning around opening time. My DH came by the AT&T store around 7 and no one was in line yet!
Bindi is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:41 AM   #6
RexInTheCity
macrumors newbie

I got the Westheimer/Kirkwood store a little before 7am, walked out with my phone at 10am. Around 8:45 when only like 10 people had gotten inside the store we finally convinced the manager to tell us how many phones were left, 34. She did a count off so that people could leave if they knew there wasn't a chance of getting a phone today, I was #16 I think. It seemed that some customers were taking longer to help than others, explaining the activation process I guess, only took me 15 minutes.
RexInTheCity is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:26 AM   #7
Bare
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexInTheCity View Post
I got the Westheimer/Kirkwood store a little before 7am, walked out with my phone at 10am. Around 8:45 when only like 10 people had gotten inside the store we finally convinced the manager to tell us how many phones were left, 34. She did a count off so that people could leave if they knew there wasn't a chance of getting a phone today, I was #16 I think. It seemed that some customers were taking longer to help than others, explaining the activation process I guess, only took me 15 minutes.
I was first in line at that store
Bare is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:51 AM   #8
Bindi
macrumors newbie

I got in line at the Westheimer/Kirkwood store at 9:20...it appeared I would not get a phone, the manager was kind enough to let us know how many phones were left around 10:00. They told us we could stay in line and get on a list and would most likely get our phones one day next week, so I decided to stay in line a do that. By a stroke of very good luck, I walked out of that store with the last phone they had, White 16G...love it!!! So glad I waited around and had a great time in line, lots of nice folks. My total time at the store was about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, so not bad at all, IMO! Service was great, too.
Bindi is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups