Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:50 AM   #1
weemanpow3
macrumors 6502

Westfarms Mall Farmington, CT

just had to put it out there
Any going here.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:40 AM   #2
ACKRITE
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to ACKRITE
I may. I guess it depends on whether I take the day off or not. I work in Hartford, about 15 minutes away from Westfarms. However, I live in MA about 15 minutes away from the Holyjoke Mall.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Whtddhesay
macrumors newbie

I'm in Middletown. So that's the closest Apple store to me. I hafta ask though, what's the point of all of this meetup stuff? Just to say "Hey, you're BigDogMan23 aren't you?" "Yeah. Are you MackNerd327?" "Yeah" "Cool" "So, long line, huh?"

I mean, is there any point to this?
Whtddhesay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:18 PM   #4
apb509
macrumors member

Anybody think there will be a line formed @ the Apple and/or AT&T store(s)? I'm kind of questioning whether the "normal" consumer even has any idea the 3G iPhone is coming out on the 11th..

Also, which store do you think will have the quicker turnaround time-- or AT&T? I really just want to get my phone and get out of there.
apb509 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:54 PM   #5
aduffy32
macrumors newbie

Westfarms

yeah im planning to go to the Apple Store is Westfarms. What time are you getting there
aduffy32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:35 AM   #6
Magico
macrumors newbie

Smile

I am going over to the AT&T store but to save time I think you should all met up at the Apple store
Magico is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:07 AM   #7
CStrek99
macrumors newbie

I'm debating whether to go to my ATT store here in Waterbury, or to drive out there to the Apple Store.... What do you guys think? I figure the Apple Store will have much more stock, but also crazier lines. Think people will really be lining up outside besides us diehards?
CStrek99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:17 PM   #8
Monty1
macrumors member

What time are you guys going? Im planning on going at 7 am...too late?
Monty1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Macislander
macrumors newbie

Wink Westfarms Mall

Going to the Apple Store. Do not foresee a problem. Don't have much faith in AT&T. I assume there will be more crowds there rather than Apple. AT&T is advising customers to go to their stores and not Apple. Apple will certainly have more employees. 7 a.m.
Macislander is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:35 PM   #10
CStrek99
macrumors newbie

My plan is to hit up the local ATT at 7. If the line is crazy and I get a bad feeling about availability, I'll jump in the car and head to Farmington.

So, we'll see what happens. GL everyone.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:35 AM   #11
CStrek99
macrumors newbie

Is there any word yet about lines forming anywhere? (Westfarms or other malls, ATT or Apple stores) ? It's 6 1/2 hours from launch and I'm just wondering if I should plan to be there before 7.

Anyone?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:45 PM   #12
stacylynn85
macrumors newbie

Hey old post, but is anyone going here are the iPhone 4 launch?
stacylynn85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 04:09 AM   #13
CT1stMaxedOut09
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to CT1stMaxedOut09 Send a message via Skype™ to CT1stMaxedOut09
I'll be heading straight over to the Apple Store at 7am hopefully, lol.. This is going to be the first time that I have ever purchased an iPhone on launch day

Already pre-ordered it and already pre-sold my current iPhone 3Gs (White 16GB) for $300 which I will be shipping out that day.
CT1stMaxedOut09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:57 AM   #14
stacylynn85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT1stMaxedOut09 View Post
I'll be heading straight over to the Apple Store at 7am hopefully, lol.. This is going to be the first time that I have ever purchased an iPhone on launch day

Already pre-ordered it and already pre-sold my current iPhone 3Gs (White 16GB) for $300 which I will be shipping out that day.
Nice, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my old 3G. This is my first time standing in line on launch day. I stood in line for my 3G but that was 3 weeks after the launch. Planning to get their around 6-6:30.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:58 PM   #15
chhhrrriiisss
macrumors 6502

I'm going to try to make it to the store or my mother will go for me. I live about an hour away (Norwich) and I think it may be a better option then going to at&t. I'm still deciding if I should go to this apple store or camp out at the local At&t. What do you think?
chhhrrriiisss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:28 PM   #16
PLamarine
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhhrrriiisss View Post
I'm going to try to make it to the store or my mother will go for me. I live about an hour away (Norwich) and I think it may be a better option then going to at&t. I'm still deciding if I should go to this apple store or camp out at the local At&t. What do you think?
From what I hear if you do not have a resv for the iPhone at Apple Store, there won't be any for walk-ins so I would try AT&T.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:01 PM   #17
stacylynn85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhhrrriiisss View Post
I live an hour away too, Groton. I wanted to pick up locally or have it shipped but the Apple website didn't give me that option. I know for the 3G release AT&T was only getting them by the number that was ordered. No extras, and it was a 3 week wait. The Apple store might have extras from people not picking up their reserves.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:02 PM   #18
jtmx29
macrumors regular

I would get there as early as possible, the Westfarms Apple store gets packed no matter the occasion.
jtmx29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:23 PM   #19
chhhrrriiisss
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynn85 View Post
I live an hour away too, Groton. I wanted to pick up locally or have it shipped but the Apple website didn't give me that option. I know for the 3G release AT&T was only getting them by the number that was ordered. No extras, and it was a 3 week wait. The Apple store might have extras from people not picking up their reserves.
When I got my 3G they had about 20 iPhones for people waiting to buy. I got one... I'm probably going to go to the At&T store in Montville.
chhhrrriiisss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:55 PM   #20
burton212
macrumors newbie

i would of gone, but i am trading my 3gs into Radioshack
burton212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:16 AM   #21
OneEyedSpaniel
macrumors newbie

Radio Shack vs. Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton212 View Post
i would of gone, but i am trading my 3gs into Radioshack
I was orginally going to sell mine to Radio Shack too, and thought I was getting a good deal. I would suggest you look into checking out the prices of jail-broken & unlocked phones on e-bay...Your looking at upwards of $500.00 for a 3gs 16gb black. So I'm going to have fun learning how to unlock the phone than sell it up on e-bay. I'll have enough money to pay for my 4g, and maybe the 4gs next year
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:24 AM   #22
robd54
macrumors member

Depending on what I hear from Best Buy and Radio Shack today, and knowing that AT&T (2 min from my house) is no longer selling them tomorrow, I may shoot to westfarms and hope to get one as a walk in. Anyone know how the mall operates (doors always open, no one in mall until 5/6 am, etc.)? People who have gone in the past, what time did you get there?
robd54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:35 PM   #23
stacylynn85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd54 View Post
Depending on what I hear from Best Buy and Radio Shack today, and knowing that AT&T (2 min from my house) is no longer selling them tomorrow, I may shoot to westfarms and hope to get one as a walk in. Anyone know how the mall operates (doors always open, no one in mall until 5/6 am, etc.)? People who have gone in the past, what time did you get there?
Westfarms website: "Westfarms opens its 4 main entrances every morning at 7am for mall walkers." !!! I hope they open it earlier for us.

The mall itself doesn't open 'til 10am, so all the department store entrances don't open 'til then. (I made this mistake going to my 9:30 Mac Genius appointment, missed it because I couldn't find a way in, it's a long walk.)
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 AM   #24
SiriusVector
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynn85 View Post
Westfarms website: "Westfarms opens its 4 main entrances every morning at 7am for mall walkers." !!! I hope they open it earlier for us.

The mall itself doesn't open 'til 10am, so all the department store entrances don't open 'til then. (I made this mistake going to my 9:30 Mac Genius appointment, missed it because I couldn't find a way in, it's a long walk.)
Is anybody there already??
SiriusVector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:03 AM   #25
stacylynn85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusVector View Post
Is anybody there already??
I got there at 6:30am (for a pre-order). Didn't get into the store 'til almost 10am. They still had extras at that point but the line for those that didn't pre-order is pretty long, I'm guessing 4-5 hour wait. People started showing up at 2:30am I heard.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups