Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:28 AM   #1
greenmymac
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to greenmymac Send a message via AIM to greenmymac Send a message via MSN to greenmymac Send a message via Yahoo to greenmymac Send a message via Skype™ to greenmymac
Tulsa, Ok

We have a few AT&T Stores selling iPhone 3Gs and an Apple Store anyone from Tulsa waiting in line if so Ill see you at the Apple Store!
greenmymac is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:24 PM   #2
greenmymac
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to greenmymac Send a message via AIM to greenmymac Send a message via MSN to greenmymac Send a message via Yahoo to greenmymac Send a message via Skype™ to greenmymac
Or i might be 14th lewis AT&T Store

http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-s...requestid=4097
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:41 AM   #3
robertdx
macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how packed it was for the first iPhone release? I'm thinking of heading over to the 14th & Lewis AT&T store instead just because it might be less crowded. What were the stocks of iPhones in Tulsa like? I'm guessing Apple ran out pretty quick, but how many people got them vs. how many people wanted them?
robertdx is offline   0
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:24 PM   #4
greenmymac
Banned

The problem here was we didn't have and Apple store at the first iPhone launch... Im guessing the apple store we have now will be packed so thats why Im hoping to get lucky at AT&T.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:03 AM   #5
robertdx
macrumors newbie

I talked to a sales clerk at the 14&Lewis store. He said they would be selling iPhones there on the 11th, and that they didn't really know anything about the event yet. He said they should be getting more details in the new few weeks.
robertdx is offline   0
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:50 PM   #6
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdx View Post
I talked to a sales clerk at the 14&Lewis store. He said they would be selling iPhones there on the 11th, and that they didn't really know anything about the event yet. He said they should be getting more details in the new few weeks.

All I care about is getting 1 Black 16GB and 1 White 16GB and i'll be on my way

There has got to be some Tulsa peeps going

Last edited by greenmymac; Jun 25, 2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:50 PM   #7
greenmymac
Banned

Get ready Tulsa 14 Days till iDay II
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:47 PM   #8
Spiffyis5150
macrumors member

Myself and a couple of friends will be going although we're not sure if we're going to stand in line at the Apple store or hit one of the AT&T stores. I know that will avoid the AT&T store @ 71st and Memorial. Absolutely, the worst store that I have ever been to for customer service.
Spiffyis5150 is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2008, 09:37 PM   #9
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyis5150 View Post
Myself and a couple of friends will be going although we're not sure if we're going to stand in line at the Apple store or hit one of the AT&T stores. I know that will avoid the AT&T store @ 71st and Memorial. Absolutely, the worst store that I have ever been to for customer service.
When has AT&T (Cingular) been known for their great A+ Customer Service! Have fun at the  (Apple for you lucky windows users) Store.

12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:21 PM   #10
Spiffyis5150
macrumors member

True, but I've had good service at 41st and Yale and the 71st and Mingo AT&T stores. We'll end up hanging out at wherever we can get the phone fastest. The key is to get a phone. I think there will be a lot of newbs that will be looking to get this version because of the price which could make finding one a bit harder.
Spiffyis5150 is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:52 PM   #11
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyis5150 View Post
True, but I've had good service at 41st and Yale and the 71st and Mingo AT&T stores. We'll end up hanging out at wherever we can get the phone fastest. The key is to get a phone. I think there will be a lot of newbs that will be looking to get this version because of the price which could make finding one a bit harder.
I just wish apple would say what time its gonna be released...right now im going off last years release time so im gonna be out there around 5 or 6 am..

Good luck on getting one

Happy birthday iPhone 2.5G
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:48 PM   #12
greenmymac
Banned

WATCH OUT TULSA

make sure you bring all the people on ur family plan that will have an iphone according to http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho..._checklist.pdf if you look at the step 1 it says " You may purchase 1 iPhone per person in line."

and I called all the at&t stores that are selling they will be open at 8 am and as far as the apple store no word yet
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:13 AM   #13
kwjohns
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmymac View Post
The problem here was we didn't have and Apple store at the first iPhone launch... Im guessing the apple store we have now will be packed so thats why Im hoping to get lucky at AT&T.
Huh?

The Tulsa Apple store's grand opening was the day of the iPhone launch.
kwjohns is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 12:11 PM   #14
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjohns View Post
Huh?

The Tulsa Apple store's grand opening was the day of the iPhone launch.
Huh didn't know.. I went to AT&T for mine I thought it didn't open till late august!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:08 PM   #15
twinsdad
macrumors member

I'm headed to the AT&T store in Owasso where I live. It's a good size store and I don't think it will be too crowded in Owasso at 8:00 am.
twinsdad is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:14 PM   #16
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsdad View Post
I'm headed to the AT&T store in Owasso where I live. It's a good size store and I don't think it will be too crowded in Owasso at 8:00 am.
Thats a good idea!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:16 PM   #17
defenderoftheo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Actually we did, the iPhone launch was the same day as the grand opening. The line was VERY long but I think more of it was for the grand opeing rather than the iPhone, but I do know they sold out the first day (but they were open from 6pm to midnight)
defenderoftheo is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:22 PM   #18
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenderoftheo View Post
Actually we did, the iPhone launch was the same day as the grand opening. The line was VERY long but I think more of it was for the grand opeing rather than the iPhone, but I do know they sold out the first day (but they were open from 6pm to midnight)
Im still planning on going to at&t so i know (hope) i can get one
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:25 PM   #19
EuphAple
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to EuphAple
I am from Dallas, TX but I will be in Pryor, OK on the day of the iPhone launch. So I am going to drive over to Tulsa and stand in line for one. Are they going to be handing out t-shirts as well?
EuphAple is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2008, 01:04 PM   #20
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphAple View Post
I am from Dallas, TX but I will be in Pryor, OK on the day of the iPhone launch. So I am going to drive over to Tulsa and stand in line for one. Are they going to be handing out t-shirts as well?
Maybe at the Apple store on 71st Memorial but at AT&T i doubt it... just the iPhones!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:13 PM   #21
EuphAple
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Maybe at the Apple store on 71st Memorial but at AT&T i doubt it... just the iPhones!
That's what I mean. The Apple Store. I already have it programed in my GPS, I've never been to Tulsa.
EuphAple is offline   0
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:23 PM   #22
greenmymac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphAple View Post
That's what I mean. The Apple Store. I already have it programed in my GPS, I've never been to Tulsa.
You will like it.... its a nice city some stuff to do here most stuff to do is down south ( where the Apple Store is..

Good luck on iDay (v.2)
Old Jul 6, 2008, 02:16 PM   #23
greenmymac
Banned

Our local Apple store is opening at 8Am to start selling iPhone 3G

249-7800 option 5 to check for ur self
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:11 PM   #24
robertdx
macrumors newbie

The 14th & Lewis store is pretty close to Cherry Street (15th) where all sorts of cool restaurants are.

If they open at 8am, I'm wondering how early I need to get there... I don't want to wait in line forever. I can't imagine there would be a line forming the night before, but maybe? I've never been to any Apple events before.
robertdx is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:22 AM   #25
EuphAple
macrumors newbie

what about the mall? Does it close? What time will it open? Will they let us in to line up at the store before?
EuphAple is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups