Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ervino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2000
Trieste, Italy
400 bucks for a MP3 player on steroid? That's a real breaktrought, but in appl... ied stupidity!

Anyway, what you can expect from the man that killed the Newton because it was "without a keyboard" (cfr Jobs himself words, ca Feb. 1998).

Bah! :-(

My Two Bits...

Ervino

whitegold

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
I don't think it's too bad

I can't say that I'm that impressed... It's not that innovative, really, just a combination of a bunch of existing technologies (little hard drives, firewire, etc) into a product.

On the other hand, I don't think the price is too bad. Paying a premium price for the latest styling and minor performance increases is pretty much the way apple work. (Not being argumentative... just opinion).

Compared to the Creative Nomad Jukebox at the same price it probably compares favourably... EXCEPT that the jukebox at that price now has a 20 gig hard drive. The 6 gig version is only $269 now.

Oh well. I think I'll look to Creative for all my bulk MP3 needs.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
iPot, iPot, iPot, iPot....

Is what you should be smoking if you think that thing is a hit!

If you think that the iPod is the greatest:
1. I hope no one trust you any money because you wold be the worst doing bussiness.
2. You are so blinded about Apple products as the Taliban is with Osama Bin Laden.
3. Buy one than but not complain later.

herbsbuck

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2001
Re: iPot, iPot, iPot, iPot....

Originally posted by mymemory

1. I hope no one trust you any money because you wold be the worst doing bussiness.
2. You are so blinded about Apple products as the Taliban is with Osama Bin Laden.

OK, First mymemory must be on POT because what was said is in no way, shape, or form coherent.

Although I was hoping for some kind of PDA, the iPod is a REALLY cool device. First, it is a very small firewire hard drive that alone would retail for the price Apple has it at; however, on top of it all Apple gives the iPod the ability to play MP3s and charge via the bus. This is evolutionary but maybe not revolutionary. Whatever it may be though, it is damn cool. I know I want one.

totoro

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2001
iPod for everyone

Don't you think Apple will make his bundle offers with:
-iPod and last iMac (for X-mas)
-iPod and future EOL iBooks
-iPod and new iMacs
etc...

If nobody buys one now, you will get one for free with your next mac!

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Re: Re: iPot, iPot, iPot, iPot....

Originally posted by herbsbuck
Originally posted by mymemory

OK, First mymemory must be on POT because what was said is in no way, shape, or form coherent.

Sorry, my english still crap. I'm working on it. What I really mean was:

El iPot es lo que debes estar fumando si piensas que esa cosa es un hit!

But no one is gonna to understand it :(

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Re: iPod for everyone

Originally posted by totoro
If nobody buys one now, you will get one for free with your next mac!

Man, I would exchange it for RAM. Or If they make it a bit smaller maybe it can fit in to a Corn Flakes box.

Steve, why you didn't make it a PDA at once?, with a USB port, color LCD (may be next model if survive), modem may be, just like a micro computer. And an iPot web site where you can connect and download your e-mail, news, etc. Just connect the iPot to the net in the night, program it to download everything from the web site and in the morning you could take your iPot with you with everything in it (e-mails, news with video and audio, auctions, etc), reply e-mails and at work (in case you take a bus to work like most of the people does in NY) just plug it back and up load everything.

That would be a hit for that price, and is not even enuogh reason to spend so much money in a luxery item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.