Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bennyek

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2002
The O.C.
Mission Viejo

I was in The Shops at mission viejo yesterday and saw the apple Construction Walls up. So things are moving along quickly.

IIvan

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2003
Yeah! It would be great if there were an apple store remotely close to where I live- like even a couple hundred miles... Just to try out the stuff...

dr_fate

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2003
I think Providence, RI is the perfect location for an Apple store. Why does stupid California get so many?! ARGH. :(

jaser

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2003
south orange county
shops at mission viejo

bennyek, thanks! that's the info i was looking for! i've been always asking myself, wouldn't it be nice to have an apple store over here in mission viejo?...now i don't have to go to the costa mesa store no longer! what floor/near what stores is the apple store located? i'm going to pass by the mall this weekend.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Thank goodness! California was in imminent danger of running out of Apple stores! Actually, based on population, it's not silly to have so many in California. But if you live in Montana, I can see how it might be annoying.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
The Tuscan store is already open.
Their is new Store in Northpoint GA that just opened today.

There is suppose to be Apple Store opening next yr in Northern AL. mall thats being built. Because in recent newspaper ad it even had Apple Store listed as new client. Now if they can only put one in central AL. and I'll be happy.

skymac

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2003
Toronto,On
Does anyone know if apple has any plans to build a store in Canada in the next few years (preferably toronto:D ) As it is right know my closest Apple store is in buffalo and o dont know if they even have one but iguess they do.
On anothere not its always great to see mpore and more opening all the time unfortunatly iv never hasd the pleasure of going to one, if only i was going to NYC on the holidays like i did last yr before i realized how good appl's really were. I just hope they dont ever screw up on a location and have to close it. its interesting the way alot of computer copmanys have moved to internet only and apple is trying to build as many stores as possible, thats a good thintg of course:)

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
Finally, they open one in SF. It's about time. I was wondering what they're doing at that location for the past 6 months. BTW, the SF Apple Store will be just 1 block away from the hated CompUSA, which also sells Mac products. Death to CompUSA. Muahahha

kuyu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Louisville
all we have here in lex is the stupid compusa. They have limited selection, and no one who works there seems to know anything.

I watched the wwdc feed and knew more about the pmac than the sales guy. Plus, he always neglects to mention that I qualify for a student discount. However, he finds time to reiterate that I can buy on CREDIT!! We need an apple store here.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Great. Another store on the OTHER coast of Florida. :(

Myself not included, there are a ton of people in this town with lots of money who would buy Apple's s*** UP. Build one here, Apple!!!

Char

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2003
Kick ass.. Bethesda-Montgomery Mall-R084, MD, USA. Isn't too far from me. Took long enough, Montgomery County is the second richest county in the US.. surprised they didn't put one here sooner. Fools. The Best Buy I work at, which is close to Bethesda, sells allot of high priced stuff like Plasma TVs and Computers every day. You all should have saw last friday.. people buying like three LCD monitors at a time and stuff.

supertex

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2003
Louisiana State University
Well if we're going by population, Texas is second only to California and I think it only has like three Apple Stores, two near (but not actually in) Dallas and one in Houston. I'm from San Antonio, and I think an Apple store there would do pretty well, but I can understand why there wouldn't be one, as San Antonians just don't seem to be Mac folks (makes me sad). But Apple has offices in Austin for crying out loud, it seems logical to me to have at least one there. Of course that assertion has nothing to do with the fact that I'd be less than an hour from it if there was one :D

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
MY LIST!

La Encantada, Tucson, AZ. -- should've been open by now unless they ran into set backs. Store was to be open before the end of 03'

Bethesda-Montgomery Mall, MD -- sometime in 04'

Aventura (mall), Aventura, FL.-- sometime in 04'

Charlotte - SouthPark, NC -- opening 4,000 square feet store in 04'

San Francisco, CA. -- Spring 2004 - labeled as an high profile store.

Eastern Shore Center, Spanish Fort, AL. -- Fall of 2004.

Mission Viejo, CA. -- 2004 - covered mall

Pioneer Place, Portland ,Oregon -- sometime in 04'

Carousel Center, Syracuse, NY -- sometime in 2004

Irvine Spectrum Center, Irvine, CA. -- Apple is currently neg. on the lease of this 880,000 square feet outdoor mall.

Regent Street, London, England -- sometime in 2004.

Osaka, Japan -- 2004 will feature the spiral glass staircase.

The North Point, Alpharetta, GA store opens tomorrow. They will be giving away 1,000 t-shirts and free demos of classes they will be giving.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
How about some Apple Stores in Canada? ;) Ah well, just wishful thinking - if any stores did open up here, they would be in the large centers anyway, (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver), which still wouldn't do me any good. :)

snahabed

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2002
New York, NY
Ew! The Montgomery Mall in Bethesda is so ghetto! If Apple wanted to build in the DC metro region, outside of VA, then it should find space on M Street in Georgetown... THAT is the prime, high class, big bucks retail area in the region. People in Bethesda may have a lot of money, but I really don't think they spend it at that ghetto mall :)

Also, they REALLY need to get into Providence Place as soon as possible.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Can't wait for the San Francisco store to open up. Stockton and Market is a pretty high-profile corner. I haven't driven by there in a couple of months, but they completely tore down the late-60s building that once stood there.

Not sure how far along in the reconstruction they are, but it'll be interesting to see how they designed a flagship store from scratch as opposed to the tasteful retrofits in NYC and Chicago.

Despite Apple stores in fairly nearby Emeryville and Burlingame, SF proper has a real dearth of stores that carry Apple products. A subterranean CompUSA is a block down Market Street from the new Apple Store location, and there's always the infamous MACadam: the store that's famously suing Apple to disguise the fact that it is a pathetic excuse for a business that shows Apple's products in a terribly shoddy light.

heuer007

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2003
wtf why arent they opening any in Canada. do they think were poor or that we live in igloos or somethin:mad: . wat a crock. Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver would do HUGE business. im in vancouver and I can just imagine a store on Robson st. would be ideal.

itmdramaguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
Why in the world will Apple not open a Apple Store in San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX. It is not easy to drive all the way from SA to Houston or Dallas.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Originally posted by dr_fate
I think Providence, RI is the perfect location for an Apple store. Why does stupid California get so many?! ARGH. :(

Because stupid California is where one in 8 Americans live.

I think if you look at Mac density, CA probably isn't so surprising.

What's surprising to me is that there isn't one in SF yet! There are at least 3 on the peninsula, and none in the City...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.