Apple Store - Pasadena, CA - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:45 PM   #1
whoohaaah
macrumors newbie

Apple Store - Pasadena, CA

i missed out on last year's iphone release. and for a whole year used a blackberry curve.

SUCKS! Very unstable, slow, and low battery-life.

this coming month, im going to buy an iphone3G. going to go with a friend..who else is going???

btw: do i need to camp out?? or do you think they'll have enough to cover hundreds??
whoohaaah is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:17 PM   #2
whoohaaah
macrumors newbie

anyone??
whoohaaah is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Rozvagyj
macrumors newbie

going to the manhattan beach store. i hope they dont run out. last year they didnt at the manhattan store. my friend bought one the 30th of june.

ive been on the bberry 8830... finally time to switch over.
Rozvagyj is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2008, 01:01 PM   #4
whoohaaah
macrumors newbie

hopefully i wont have to camp out...i want the iphone, but not so that i will spend the whole entire day out waiting.

if ever the apple store does run out, how often do you think they will restock? or how fast/soon will they restock after the initial release.
whoohaaah is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Rozvagyj
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoohaaah View Post
hopefully i wont have to camp out...i want the iphone, but not so that i will spend the whole entire day out waiting.

if ever the apple store does run out, how often do you think they will restock? or how fast/soon will they restock after the initial release.

not for at least a week or so probably
Old Jul 2, 2008, 01:34 PM   #6
gibbyparada
macrumors newbie

Me Wanty

I so want it, but I don't want to camp out. I wish they said what would be the release time at Apple Stores. If it is at 8am, I asked someone to give me a ride there, at like 4 in the morning. If it is later, I think it would be easier.
gibbyparada is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 01:47 PM   #7
modul8tr
macrumors regular

Yeah, but is there really a chance Apple will let the others beat them to the punch?

I think we'll see them open at 8 A.M. or earlier.
modul8tr is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:12 PM   #8
whoohaaah
macrumors newbie

wasnt it for sure that apple stores are going to open at 8am???

anyways, i thought about it this whole week, and after att finally announced their prices, i dont think its going to sell out...after ATT announced their prices, people i know that was planning on buying the 3G, are now 50-50.

i was planning on buying the 3G on release day (go to the store in the afternoon, if the line is long in the morning), transfer my current family plan to the new 3G and adding the $30 data plan... apparently that's not do-able...

the only difference between the two iphones are speed and GPS, if thats the case, ill prolly just stay with my old iphone...I DONT KNOW YET, MAYBE...
whoohaaah is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:15 PM   #9
DeuceDeuce
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoohaaah View Post
wasnt it for sure that apple stores are going to open at 8am???

anyways, i thought about it this whole week, and after att finally announced their prices, i dont think its going to sell out...after ATT announced their prices, people i know that was planning on buying the 3G, are now 50-50.

i was planning on buying the 3G on release day (go to the store in the afternoon, if the line is long in the morning), transfer my current family plan to the new 3G and adding the $30 data plan... apparently that's not do-able...

the only difference between the two iphones are speed and GPS, if thats the case, ill prolly just stay with my old iphone...I DONT KNOW YET, MAYBE...

I hope you are right and they dont sell out... I will be in Vegas on the 11th and wont return until later in the day and I really want to get my hands on the new phone at around 2pm.

Ive been dying since I sold mine about a month ago.
DeuceDeuce is offline   0
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:45 PM   #10
Whorehay
macrumors 6502a

I might be there for the heck of it even though I'm not upgrading. Hopefully they'll have some on display?!
Whorehay is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:04 PM   #11
BustAGroove
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to BustAGroove Send a message via Yahoo to BustAGroove
I'll probably just roll by to see how many folks are standing in line. I'm holding off on getting one until it gets unlocked (like my 1st gen IPhone) to use on T-Mobile.
BustAGroove is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:14 PM   #12
Evolesque
macrumors member

Wow if today wasn't so hot I wouldn't say the few people here are crazy,
I guess I'm waking up early tomorrow.

The attached picture was taken during my lunch break today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0135.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	123414  
Evolesque is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2008, 02:34 AM   #13
wellgroomednerd
macrumors newbie

Help

need the help of you guys please!

So I go to the apple store to find that there is a huge line. So I say oh well I'll wait. I wait about more than 6 hours and eventually enter the store. There were about 10 of us in the store and the rest outside were told to leave because the store was closing. So as we wait the servers go down. So we wait for about an hour in the store and no one is telling us anything. Then the manager comes up to us and tells us that he cannot sell us iPhones and we are told to leave. He says he cannot give us a waiver to come in the next morning to be at the front of the line.

We understood that you could not sell us phones. The least he could have done was give us a waiver or something, something that would compensate for our time. It was not like we were outside. We were in the store ready to buy.

So I am asking for your help. What should I do?
wellgroomednerd is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2008, 02:40 AM   #14
enklined
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to enklined Send a message via MSN to enklined Send a message via Yahoo to enklined
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellgroomednerd View Post
need the help of you guys please!

So I go to the apple store to find that there is a huge line. So I say oh well I'll wait. I wait about more than 6 hours and eventually enter the store. There were about 10 of us in the store and the rest outside were told to leave because the store was closing. So as we wait the servers go down. So we wait for about an hour in the store and no one is telling us anything. Then the manager comes up to us and tells us that he cannot sell us iPhones and we are told to leave. He says he cannot give us a waiver to come in the next morning to be at the front of the line.

We understood that you could not sell us phones. The least he could have done was give us a waiver or something, something that would compensate for our time. It was not like we were outside. We were in the store ready to buy.

So I am asking for your help. What should I do?
Wow, that's outrageous. The same thing happened in Sac, except they gave us waivers to skip the line and hold our phones of choice.

Refer to these posts:
Sac Thread - #117
Sac Thread - #118

I would call them tomorrow and tell them that you know the servers went down everywhere, and that people at other locations were given waivers/iPhone holders.
enklined is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:19 PM   #15
Hamo24
macrumors newbie

Yeah i was in line since 5pm and got into the store at 11:30ish a few guys ahead of me were able to get there iphone's activated before the server went down. Unfortunately it went down when it came to me... That manager just kept on saying we understand your citation and we can not give you a pass for another day all that waiting for nothing.

Wellgroomednerd which one were you in the store? I was the one with the red tommy jeans shirt with my sister. I remember almost everyone in the store because i didn't want to leave when they told us lol i figured stay a little longer they might come up with something.

I am stuck with 2 choices... one go back and buy an iphone and just forget about yesterday because there really isn't anything we can do... two would be forget apple and return my macbookpro which i bought 4 days ago. Any advice anyone?

Update: Called pasadena store servers back up minimum 3 hours wait...

Last edited by Hamo24; Jul 12, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
Hamo24 is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:03 PM   #16
fcpguy
macrumors member

I was there too last night....5 hours in line. I was almost there. I was 4th from getting into store when he came out and told us they were shutting it down. I thought for sure there was going to be a riot! Security guards looked really nervous. People were begging him for numbers or vouchers or something...ANYTHING! He would not budge. Then I wake up this morning to see that NYC and Sacramento got numbers to by pass the lines. I am pissed now. 5 hours for nothing....absolutely nothing. He could have easily set a up s system to have us come back this weekend as a fast track kind of thing, since we already waited. I don't know what to do either. I am half tempting to try and get that guy fired for be completely inflexible and blaming it on "corporate"....funny other stores did it, he just didn't want to deal with the 100 people or so in line. I don't want to be a dick, but that was unacceptable!!
I'm open to suggestion?
fcpguy is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:14 AM   #17
wellgroomednerd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamo24 View Post
Yeah i was in line since 5pm and got into the store at 11:30ish a few guys ahead of me were able to get there iphone's activated before the server went down. Unfortunately it went down when it came to me... That manager just kept on saying we understand your citation and we can not give you a pass for another day all that waiting for nothing.

Wellgroomednerd which one were you in the store? I was the one with the red tommy jeans shirt with my sister. I remember almost everyone in the store because i didn't want to leave when they told us lol i figured stay a little longer they might come up with something.

I am stuck with 2 choices... one go back and buy an iphone and just forget about yesterday because there really isn't anything we can do... two would be forget apple and return my macbookpro which i bought 4 days ago. Any advice anyone?

Update: Called pasadena store servers back up minimum 3 hours wait...
I was the one young one with the blue shorts on. Yeah it was total bs. I managed to get a white 16gig this morning at the ATT store on by Sears. Waited about an hour. If you have not gotten one try the ATT store early in the morning.
wellgroomednerd is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:57 AM   #18
Hamo24
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellgroomednerd View Post
I was the one young one with the blue shorts on. Yeah it was total bs. I managed to get a white 16gig this morning at the ATT store on by Sears. Waited about an hour. If you have not gotten one try the ATT store early in the morning.
Which city? I know the burbank one is on san fernando which is close to sears... is that the one you are talking about?

I'll go tomorrow morning if its 1-2 hours.
Hamo24 is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:52 AM   #19
fcpguy
macrumors member

for anyone interested, in line now apple store in pasadena and there's about 20 people right now(8:50)
fcpguy is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups