Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lollygoodboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
hi

Can any one help me i dropped my Macbook Pro recently i had worked after the accident since last one week i cant hear both funs working anymore! laptop keeps shutting down itself after reaching certain temperature! do you guys think i need to change the funs or something else might be the reason for it.

thanks all

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
hi

Can any one help me i dropped my Macbook Pro recently i had worked after the accident since last one week i cant hear both funs working anymore! laptop keeps shutting down itself after reaching certain temperature! do you guys think i need to change the funs or something else might be the reason for it.

thanks all

Sorry to hear that happened to you! I think I read somewhere in the user's manual that MacBook Pros aren't designed for bouncing! :D It certainly sounds like something's not right. I'd take it to the Genius Bar and let them check it out.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
If there is substantial (read:noticable) damage anywhere on the chassis I would call up instead of bring it into the store.

The guys fixing it in texas might not care as much as the local geniuses.

lollygoodboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
If there is substantial (read:noticable) damage anywhere on the chassis I would call up instead of bring it into the store.

The guys fixing it in texas might not care as much as the local geniuses.

Well, i cant fold it anymore that is the damage on the chassis (small lump just above the where DVD gets in but i got no problem with it at all) but repairable as far as DIY video shows on Youtube :cool: , ı will get speare one but funs are my concern! these buggers should be working smoothly i cant figure it out why both stop working! ı only think that not hardware problem maybe software problem is taking place! i live in Turkey, there is no way i can take it to Apple store :( i need to fix it myself otherwise i will have to send it to London to get it fixed!

serdaryilmaztr

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
Well, i cant fold it anymore that is the damage on the chassis (small lump just above the where DVD gets in but i got no problem with it at all) but repairable as far as DIY video shows on Youtube :cool: , ı will get speare one but funs are my concern! these buggers should be working smoothly i cant figure it out why both stop working! ı only think that not hardware problem maybe software problem is taking place! i live in Turkey, there is no way i can take it to Apple store :( i need to fix it myself otherwise i will have to send it to London to get it fixed!

you have a apple service in Turkey ,if you do not know where is it i can tell you how to find it
for your funs, when you drop most probably they pluged off or damaged that is why when it gets hot it is shutting down itself(you should not use your laptop until you fix the problem)
if you want to fix by yourself you can find the guide in ifixit.com
good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.